Boston translators

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Luca722
Rookie
Rookie

Boston translators

Post by Luca722 »

Does anyone know of any good, inexpensive and fast translators in the Boston area?

Thanks,
Luca
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Boston translators

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear luca there is a commercial and ree translation website at www.freetranslation.com that my be able to meet your needs. =Peter=
Luca722
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Luca722 »

Thanks, Peter. I submitted an estimate request.

Do you, or anyone, know what's the criteria for a non-proffesional translation? Meaning, I have a friend who is a native speaker. Do these need to be formatted and notarized?

By the way, they are divorce documents.

Thanks!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You may wish to contact an Italian oriented law firminSan francisco at www.italianlaw.net for an answer to your question.=Peter=
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Post by peggymckee »

Luca722 wrote:they are divorce documents.
Luca, IMHO I would find a professional translator with legal expertise--the divorce documents will/may be examined to see if they conform to Italian divorce law. You don't want to have a problem because of mis-translation of a legal term or concept. BTW the NY Consulate has a list of translators on their website--I'm sure they would work with you from distance.

Remember, "Festina lente" (Make haste slowly!) Good luck, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Luca722
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Luca722 »

Hi Peg,

Great advice, thank you!

I had my meeting today. I'm very close, I just have to amend one document then submit all documents for Apostilles.

Regarding translations, the Consulate only needs the divorce documents translated. Unfortunately, this is 20 pages!

I made calls today to local translation companies, they all quoted me well over $1000.00.

I'm in over my head at this point as I cannot afford that.

Peg, since you have divorce documents, any advice or suggestions? I will check out NYC's translation list.

Best,
Luca
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Post by peggymckee »

Luca722 wrote:I just have to amend one document...
Peg, since you have divorce documents, any advice or suggestions?
1) Which document has to be amended?

2) In NY one has to submit judgment of divorce and certificate of no appeal--3-4 pages total. I hope I'm not required to submit my separation agreement which is over 70 pages! All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Luca722
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Luca722 »

Hi Peg,

My father's birth certificate has to be amended. His mother's maiden name is spelled incorrectly.

Regarding the divorce documents, in Boston you need Absolute Decree, Judgement NISI AND the Agreement (this is the killer for translation). :cry:

I hope for your sake that NY does not require the Agreement/translation of the Agreement.

Luca