Looking for family from Sulmona

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by vj »

In case there is any family connection:
Anna Rumanno’s 1920 census with husband Panfilo
1920

Husband Panfilo’s 1921 passport
page 2
User avatar
marilyn65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 20:26

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by marilyn65 »

Hi Valarie,

Thank you again for all of the great information you are giving me. I have been totally confused as to what my grandmother's maiden name was. On her death certificate it lists her father as Joseph Pallozzi, but on a Baptism paper for my father it lists her last name as Colona. Don't have any idea who gave that name.

Can you give me Amy's e-mail address so I can see if she has any more information on my Pallozzi line?

Do you know of any way I can print the pages you sent so I will be able to read them?

Marilyn
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by vj »

Hi Marilyn, I don't have Amy's email.
I used the ancestry.com connection service
to send her a note.
I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing
if you've signed on to their message boards.
Amy's profile
Valarie
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by vj »

Do you know of any way I can print the pages you sent
so I will be able to read them?
Since they're posted on imageshack, when you click on them
you should have a printer icon in the top right margin. Isn't it
there? Another option - right click within the image, do you have
a print option?
Valarie
User avatar
marilyn65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 20:26

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by marilyn65 »

Even though I can use the boards on ancestry because I do not pay I can not contact Amy.

There is no printer symbol on the pages you sent and when I tried to print the ships manifest it only printed part of the page. Guess I don't really need it since you sent me the information. Thanks again!
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by vj »

Even though I can use the boards on ancestry because I do not
pay I can not contact Amy.
Hi Marilyn, heard from Amy.
I sent you a PM with her contact information.
Valarie
User avatar
marilyn65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 20:26

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by marilyn65 »

I am very confused about something. According to a record I have for my grandfather, after listing who his parents are (Nicola & Carmela Fiore)
I have this.
Annotazioni
Ha contratto matrimonio con Parisi Lucia il 27.07.34 nel Comune di Sulmona.
Isn't this a contract of marriage with this person and my great grandfather?
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by vj »

It appears to be a notation of a marriage contract
on 27 Jul 1834
Can you post the original?
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by BillieDeKid »

It says..........

He has a contract marriage with Lucia Parisi July 27, (1834 or 1934) in the Comune of Sulmona.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by vj »

You're right Elizabeth, may be 1934 = the date of the notation?
Valarie
User avatar
marilyn65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 20:26

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by marilyn65 »

I wonder why it was listed on his son's birth registration since his son was born in 1856? I don't have my great grandfather's birth date. It doesn't make sense if you take my grandfather's birthdate and subtract it from 1934 that's 78 years. So my great grandfather would have been in his late 80's or early 90's when he married this lady. Go grandpa!
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by BillieDeKid »

Can you post the document here as vj suggested? Maybe we can take a look.
User avatar
marilyn65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 20:26

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by marilyn65 »

Here is the document I was asking about.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7096/002eg6.jpg
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Looking for family from Sulmona

Post by BillieDeKid »

This is my interpretation of the document

October 24 1856
born in Sumona
Raffaele Pallozzi son of Nicola (Pallozzi) and Carmela Fiore
born a male child
Annotoazioni (notation)
A marriage contracted with Lucia Parisi on the date of July 27, 1934
in the comune of Sulmona

For the extracted original, pertaining to articles 184 and following R. D. July 9, 1939, n. 1238.

It is freely released according to rule L. 405/1990 article 7 subsection 5.

Dated May 3, 1995

Now the stamped notation next to the parents names says......... ???? A rule of article 3 of the D.P.R. May 2, 1937? or 1957? n. 432


The two lines citing the articles, I believe, is similar to a freedom of information act (maybe). The stamped notation next to the parents names..........I have no idea why it is stamped.

Maybe suanj, Livio, Laura can take a look and see if my translation is accurate.

Thanks
Elizabeth
Post Reply