Immigrants going back to Sicily to visit

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Immigrants going back to Sicily to visit

Post by carmine1917 »

I know my Grandmother went back to Sicily to visit with my two uncles. It had to be on a ship, where would I get that information from?
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Immigrants going back to Sicily to visit

Post by lilbees »

As far as I have discovered there are no outgoing records for emmigration at this time.

So sorry.

lilbees
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

You can find her incoming record, however on the Ellis Island site, even if she was a citizen or resident of US at the time. I would check under both her maiden and married name. Is this Josephine Giunta you are talking about or another relative?
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Post by carmine1917 »

Yes, it is the Josephine Giunta I am talking about. Her married name was Saulli and she went back to Sicily with her son Salvatore (sammy) and maybe her other son John. She went back for 5 years. So I am thinking if I find these records, it would tell me more about who she went to see in Sicily and where. I did look at the ellis island site and the other places where immigrants came into, but came up empty. I am going to look again.