Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I am trying to trace back my family tree... I dont have much information. I was wondering if anyone new anything that could help me in this (my search)
I would love to know when they migrated here to Australia and if my mums grand dad was naturalised.
Any help is great help
thanks
Known surnames- Mollica, Alba, Cannella, Secchitano
I would like to research my family history and find out as much as I can =)
Search records on Australian National Archives site if your family have been Naturalized they should have a record of it.
They have 3 records for Scecchitano - www.naa.gov.au
Regards Lyn
The correct spelling is SCICCHITANO, many times people are not able to find much info because of misspelling. I come from the region of Calabria (Italy) and that name is quite common there.
In its most general sense, the term genealogy refers to the study of family history, while encompassing such related fields as ethnology, onomatology and --in rather few cases-- heraldry. It is important to bear in mind that genealogy forms part of the framework of general history. The best genealog...