I hope these documents are readable - they're in fragile condition so scanning was problematic. I believe they say something about the fact that my grandfather is not married. He came to the US as a stowaway on the Belvedere in 1919, and then escaped from Ellis Island Hospital. I think he got these docs AFTER his arrival so he could get married - done here in NYC in 1923. I would appreciate a translation - my father's Italian is too rusty. Any help appreciated!!!!
I put the docs on Imageshack....:
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 009aj0.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 008xh5.jpg
Need help translating two 1921 docs from Comune di Favara
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Need help translating two 1921 docs from Comune di Favar
The 1st document, from the comune di Favara, states that in the Marriage book there is no mention of Girolamo Iacono son of Ignazio and Francesca Grano, born Feb 9, 1900.
The second document is an "Estratto dai registri di nascita", and states that Girolamo Iacono was born in Favara, Via San Vito, on Feb 9, 1900 at 10:00am.
His father was Ignazio (son of the deceased Girolamo), aged 26, peasant and his mother was Francesca Grano daughter of Francesco, aged 29, wife of Ignazio
The second document is an "Estratto dai registri di nascita", and states that Girolamo Iacono was born in Favara, Via San Vito, on Feb 9, 1900 at 10:00am.
His father was Ignazio (son of the deceased Girolamo), aged 26, peasant and his mother was Francesca Grano daughter of Francesco, aged 29, wife of Ignazio
