Giampaoli Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
seg113

Giampaoli Family

Post by seg113 »

I'm Steven Giampoli from White Plains, New York, USA. My paternal great-grandfather was Giavonni (Valenti) Giampaoli. Giavonni was born in Ciciana, Lucca, Italy on August 12, 1879. His father was Guiseppe Giampaoli. His mother was Alessandrina Ciucci. Giovanni was married to Eugenia Pagnoni on November 7, 1898 in Italy.

I am looking for all available genealogical information pertaining to above's ancestors and their family members.

Any assistance from you will be greatly appreciated.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Giampaoli Family

Post by pink67 »

Hi Steven,

don't know if you already have, but this is the Enlistment for the WWI...

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Valente Giampaole
Name: Valente Giampaole
City: Manhattan
County: New York
State: New York
Birth Date: 12 Aug 1879
Race: White
Roll: 1786815
DraftBoard: 154
Neareset relative: Jennie Giampaole

[img=http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5250 ... nk8.th.jpg]

Laura
seg113

Post by seg113 »

Hi Laura, I already have it. It looks like that we both found it in Ancestry.com. Thank you for your effort. I appreciate it. :)

Steve
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

You may know this:

Ciciana is a hamlet of the city of Lucca. As such, to trace the family, you can rent/order the civil records (1866-1935) for this locality through your local Family History Center.

If you need information on FHL and/ or on ordering the films, let us know.

Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi Steven,

reading the 1911 arrival manifest for the family it seemes that Valente was born in Ciciana (hamlet of Lucca) his son Eduardo, his wife Eugenia and his sister in law Ida were born in Piaggione (another hamlet of Lucca).
Can't understand well the birth place of Giuseppe and Maria Pagnoni (Eugenia's parents)..
So, follow Joyce's advice can be very good.... however, Lucca is a pretty big town and has lots of hamlets....
Did you ever tried to write to the Comune di Lucca (as you know Valente's exact birth date?) asking his birth certificate?

laura :D
seg113

Post by seg113 »

Laura, My sister traveled to Lucca a few years ago and got a copy of birth certificate for Valente Giampaoli. I visited Lucca last year to look up for Valente's father, brothers and sisters. Unfortunately, the building that kept civil records was closed due to a local holiday, "Holy Cross Day". I only had five hours to stay in Lucca since I was on a bus tour. After the trip, I visited the Family History Center in my area. I ordered several FHL microfilms between 1866 and 1892. I found all of Valente's brothers and sisters. Hooray!

I want to find Valente's father's birth certificate but there is no microfilm made prior to 1865. I am told that I will have contact a church in Lucca and ask if it has a record on him. How many churches are there in Lucca and which one do I start with? Any suggestion?

Steven