Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy

Post by Scarlett227 »

Hello,

I received an email this morning from someone in Italy. I tried to translate it in Babelfish but it's a bit awkward (I can't tell who the sender is, a person or an agency!). Can you help? Thanks!!!

COMUNE DI PIETRELCINA(BN)
Ufficio dei Servizi Demografici

A seguito interessamento del sig. Mastronardi Cosimo figlio di SAVERIO a cui Ella ha indirizzato la nota in data 29 aprile 2008 per conoscere eventuali discendenti della Sua famiglia di origine, da sommaria ricerca effettuata presso i Nostri archivi si comunicano le seguenti notizie:
I sigg.ri Mastronardi Giusppe e D'andrea Antonia hanno avuto i seguenti figli: 1)Maria nata il 03/12/1890, coniugata con Cavalluzzo Nicolantonio da cui sono nati Michele e Guida, oggi in Pietrelcina il figlio di Michele che si chiama Nicolantonio Cavalluzzo è residente alla Via XXX; 2)Nicolina nata il 15/11/1892 coniugata con Fioretti Orazio da cui sono nati Giuseppe, Lucia e Luigi.
Giuseppe e Luigi risiedono a Pietrelcina il primo al il secondo alla Via XXX, mentre Lucia risiede in Svizzera; 3)Antonio nato il 22/01/1895 coniugato con Cardone Maria da cui sono nati Giuseppe e Nicola e le rispettive famiglie sono emigrate per Milano e per Roma e non risultano attualmente eredi in Pietrelcina;4)Fortunata nata il 25/04/1897 risulta emigrata negli Stati Uniti.
Nella speranza di averle fatto cosa gradita salvo eventuali errori le invio cordiali saluti.
li 13/05/2008 F.to Cosimo MOLINARA Resp.del Servizio
Searching for: Mastronardi (Pietrelcina), D'Auria (Ariano), Ciaccio (Santa Margherita di Belice) and Prizzi (Menfi).
Lucap
Master
Master

Re: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy

Post by Lucap »

I think you could erase the actual addresses (for the privacy)
Hello,

I received an email this morning from someone in Italy. I tried to translate it in Babelfish but it's a bit awkward (I can't tell who the sender is, a person or an agency!). Can you help? Thanks!!!

COMUNE DI PIETRELCINA(BN)
Ufficio dei Servizi Demografici

A seguito interessamento del sig. Mastronardi Cosimo figlio di SAVERIO a cui Ella ha indirizzato la nota in data 29 aprile 2008 per conoscere eventuali discendenti della Sua famiglia di origine, da sommaria ricerca effettuata presso i Nostri archivi si comunicano le seguenti notizie:
I sigg.ri Mastronardi Giusppe e D'andrea Antonia hanno avuto i seguenti figli: 1)Maria nata il 03/12/1890, coniugata con Cavalluzzo Nicolantonio da cui sono nati Michele e Guida, oggi in Pietrelcina il figlio di Michele che si chiama Nicolantonio Cavalluzzo è residente alla Via xxxxxxxxxxx; 2)Nicolina nata il 15/11/1892 coniugata con Fioretti Orazio da cui sono nati Giuseppe, Lucia e Luigi.
Giuseppe e Luigi risiedono a Pietrelcina il primo al xxxxxxxxxil secondo alla Via xxxxxxxx, mentre Lucia risiede in Svizzera; 3)Antonio nato il 22/01/1895 coniugato con Cardone Maria da cui sono nati Giuseppe e Nicola e le rispettive famiglie sono emigrate per Milano e per Roma e non risultano attualmente eredi in Pietrelcina;4)Fortunata nata il 25/04/1897 risulta emigrata negli Stati Uniti.
Nella speranza di averle fatto cosa gradita salvo eventuali errori le invio cordiali saluti.
li 13/05/2008 F.to Cosimo MOLINARA Resp.del Servizio
Luca
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scarlett227 »

Thank you. I'm sorry about that.
Searching for: Mastronardi (Pietrelcina), D'Auria (Ariano), Ciaccio (Santa Margherita di Belice) and Prizzi (Menfi).
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The letter is sent by the Demographic department of the comune of Pietralcina.

With reference to the letter you sent to Mr Saverio Mastronardi, on April 29, aiming at knowing possible descendant of your root family, his son Cosimo has requested us to do a research in our archives, and here are our findings:

Giuseppe Mastronardi and Antonia D'Andrea had the following children:
1) Maria (female) born Dec 3 1890, married to Nicolantonio Cavalluzzo, who had Michele e Guida. The son of Michele is Nicolantonio Cavalluzzo and lives in Pietrelcina, Via xxxxxxxx 16.
2) Nicolina (female) born Nov 15 1892 married to Orazio Fioretti, their children are Giuseppe, Lucia and Luigi.
Giuseppe and Luigi reside in Pietralcina. Giuseppe in V.le xxxxxx 93 and Luigi in Via x.xxxxxx 63. Lucia resides in Switzerland.
3) Antonio (male) born Jan 22 1895 married to Maria Cardone, they had Giuseppe and Nicola who moved with their family respectively to Milano and to Roma. There are no heirs in Pietralcina
4) Fortunata (female) born Apr 25 1897 emigrated in USA

Hoping that I did something that you appreciate (and that I have made no mistakes), I send you my best greetings. Signed Cosimo Molinara, dpt mgr.

Edited to remove actual addresses..
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scarlett227 »

Livio,

Thank you so much!!! I am indebted to your kindness. It means so much to me. Now we will know who is in the family photos we have recently received.

If I may ask another question, how should I respond to this letter? I feel as if I owe a thank you letter to the person who took my letter to the demographic deparment, and also the person who did the research. Please advise me as to what I should do.

Also, do you think it would be all right if I try to find some of the living relatives of my own generation? I would love to share some family photographs with them, but I do not wish to be invasive. I don't know if they would dislike having me track them down since I am a stranger. I would appreciate your thoughts in this matter.

Best, Debby
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Post by Poipuo4 »

Hi, Debby,

I think a thank you would be in order and I am sure one of our Italian speakers will assist you in that.

I think that it would be great if you contacted your living relatives. I did this with my long lost family in Italy and was warmly received. I think it is a good idea to just explain in your first letter how you are related to them, adding as much detail as possible, tell them why you are looking for them, how you found their address and enclose a picture of yourself or your family to show that your efforts are in good faith. Also include an e-mail address.

Good luck!
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scarlett227 »

Poipuo4,

Glad to hear from you again! I appreciate your comments about meeting your family. I did send out a few letters already, and one kind person who was not my relative is the person who took my letter to the records office, which is how I received the reply from above. I'm in awe at the thoughtfulness of Mr. Severio and really wish to thank him and his son for doing that for me.

I just wasn't sure about the tracking down of family that moved on. I'm hoping someone who gets my letter is willing to give me contact information. I may have found the person who moved to Switzerland, though she must be in her 90s right now. But she's in our photographs and so maybe I could copy those and mail them to pique her interest.

Thank you again for your helping me to learn my way around these issues. It is very much appreciated. My microfilm is now on order at Groton so fingers crossed it goes better this time around!
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scarlett227 »

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Scarlett227 wrote:Here are the links for 6 photos which have Italian greetings written on the back. Any translation help is most appreciated! Thanks, Debby

P.S. Email is fine too if you would prefer to contact me directly.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8679 ... ht2cc1.jpg

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1178 ... dlezw3.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/750/ ... eftpe1.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8679 ... ht2cc1.jpg Posted twice

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6159 ... dlebk3.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3812 ... eftll8.jpg
Hope this is OK.
elba

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8679 ... ht2cc1.jpg
Dear sister,
I am sending the photo of my son-in-law Alessandro who is a soldier in the city of Brescia
and he too hasn't seen our father. (xxrlicto) you
your sister, Maria
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1178 ... dlezw3.jpg
With much affection I'm sending this photo so you can always remember me your loving
niece Antonietta Fioretti

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/750/ ... eftpe1.jpg
Dear portina
This is the photograph of my fiancé I trust him to you
I think of you only
your patina
Guida

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6159 ... dlebk3.jpg
Dear patina this is the first picture of Michele he is on fire having
taken the sun and I don't know the other one well he is from ofvellina (?)
he is his buddy as soon as the good ones come Iwill send them to you
I kiss you

Fortunata's sister
Maria's son

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3812 ... eftll8.jpg
Patrelimo (?)
18 June 1961
I am sending this photo that you can keep always
as a keepsake so I am always near you
your nieces/nephews and cousins

Lucietta and Mario
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scarlett227 »

Elba,

Thank you so much!!! We are thrilled!!! With this and the above letter from Pietrelcina, my mother and I will be able to put together a large portion of my great grandmother's family who were left in Italy when she emigrated to the US.

Here is the missing image:

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5285 ... ghtpq7.jpg

I'm sorry for repeating the other twice. I shouldn't do these things when it's late!!

Thank you again for all of your help -- Debby
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

I'm so pleased it was useful...
Here's the last one:

img362.imageshack.us/i...ghtpq7.jpg

Pietrelsina 1.7.47.

Dearest aunt.
With much sincerity I'm sending this photograph so
you can remember me.
Antonietta
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scarlett227 »

I cannot thank you enough for your help. This means so much to us!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translating email from Pietrelcina--family located!!

Post by Scarlett227 »

Elba,

I want to thank you again for all of your translation help!

With the photos translated and names to research, and your help translating a note into Italian, I was able to locate part of my family in Switzerland! We have exchanged a few emails now and it is very exciting!!!

Thank you again for all you have done.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

The pleasure was all mine. If I can help in future just ask...

elba
danrajkumar

Re: Translating email

Post by danrajkumar »

You can always get free email translation email-translations.com