Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I would really appreciate having this letter (document) translated. I have just found it. I think it may be a baptism record of my great grandmother, Mary Guarino.
The document is written in French. Below is the translation:
Extract from the Register of the Baptism of St Marie Chapel (Church of St Michel)
Parish of St Jacques in US - LA (Los Angeles???) US
On January 21, 1900 I have baptized Maria Antonia Varina born to the legitimate marriage of Jachino (Gioacchino) Varina and Josepha Mancousa on the 12 of this month. Godfather was Angelo Varina and godmother was Rosa Mancousa.
Signature that I cannot decipher
Certified copy consistent with the original (record)
Signature that I cannot decipher
St Mary Chapel, January 21 1900
Thank you so much! It is from Louisiana. I thought it might be written in French as it is from Louisiana and the names are spelled wrong (besides that upon further inspection it looked so)... sorry about that
As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians. The earlies...