Surname STELLATO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Popobauo

Surname STELLATO

Post by Popobauo »

Hello, my name is Giovanni Stellato and I write from Naples, in Italy. A
my grandfather, Vincenzo Stellato (1891-1960) married in the U.S.A.
Maria Del Gaudio. Four children born by the marriage: Pasqualino,
Ferdinand, Carmelina, Filomena. I like to have news of these my relatives.
If anyone have more information, i'll be eternitly gratefull of recieving that information.
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Hi Giovanni........

Found the following that might help.

At www.ellisisland.org
Vincenzo Stellato arrived at Ellis Island on May 26, 1921 on his way to Brooklyn, NY to meet with brother, Antonio. He was on the ship SS Providnece out of Naples, was 30 years old, married, left his wife Maria del Gaudio in S. Prisco, which is last residence and place of birth. Occupation listed as Barber.

Maria Del Gaudio arrived on Sept. 26, 1921 on the ship Taormina out of Genoa. She was going to meet her husband, Pasquale Stellato at 283 Sackett Street, Brooklyn. Listed at age 30, left her brother, Paolo behind in S. Prisco, her last residence and place of birth. With her was her son, Pasquale Stellato, age 8 months.
These two were also listed as passengers on the Providence for Oct. 25, 1921...but names crossed off. Could be they had reservations and then went on an earlier boat.

In the 1930 census of Brooklyn, Kings, NY:
ED 24-966, page 15 B living at 259 Sackett Street
Stellato, Vincent, age 39, married at 28, born Italy, arrived in the US
in 1921, naturalized citizen, barber
---------, Mary, age 38, married at 27, born Italy, arrived in the US
in 1921, alien
---------, Pasquale, age 10, born Italy, arrived in 1921, naturalized
---------, Philomena, age 8, born New York
---------, Carmella, age 5, born New York
---------, Fredie, age 3y 6 m, born New York

Vincenzo naturalized after 1922. Prior to that, Mary would have been included on his papers. After 1922, she would have to apply separately. She obviously did not. Pasquale, however, was probably naturalized on his father's papers since he would have been a child.

Hope this will help you in your search.
Popobauo

Stellato

Post by Popobauo »

I wanna thank you for your intervention. Your help was very important to understand a lot of things that wasn´t so clearly for me.
I´m curious to know how could you find this news (this informations)? I visit the web site www.ellisisland.org but I only find something from that thing that you told me. Maybe there is another site where I could find informations from other relatives.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Surname STELLATO

Post by JamesBianco »

My grandfather's brother John Bianco was married to Anne Stellato from Agawam, MA. in 1947. Her parents were Rocco Stellato and Christina. My grandfather told me that Auntie Anne's parents were 1st cousins. She died in 1987, they had two sons, Louie and Anthony Bianco. Louie lives in Florida and Anthony in Agawam.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is only one Fred Stellato in breezy Point NY. i suspect si nce the family resided in brooklyn that the normal progression out toward long Island would include Breezy point. Go to the telephone directory or if you wish to write him a letter his address is 41 Jamaica point, Breezy Point,NY #11697-1705. Peter
Gallo1975
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gallo1975 »

Popbauo:
Vincenzo did not happen to have a sister or other relation with the first name of CATERINA? Alexander Stelatto?

Caterina Stelatto is my Great grandmother and she is from Caserta, immigrated in 1908 aboard the USS Madonna one year after her husband and landed in New York. She married Vincenzo Perillo (also from Caserta) but was widowed early, in 1922. Do not know if she ever remarried.

Sorry if this is just garbage to you..but one never knows in this web of relations who is where.
Always looking for info on: Gallo, Perillo, Stelatto, Morganelli, Cutarelli, Aniello/Aiello, Langella, Garitta/Aritta, Hayward, Nicolson & will be happy to swap info too!
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by raymo »

Speaking of shots in the dark...

Growing up in NYC in the 60s-70s, I knew a Joseph Stellato & his sister, Phyllis. They'd both be in their late 40s by now. Their mother's name was Anne, but I never met their father. Anne re-married later in life but I don't recall her surname then. May have been Monteleone? They did move to Great Neck, NY, on Long Island. I do not know where any of them are now, just thought this might be useful info on the name...
Mariucia

Post by Mariucia »

Hi, I just received my paternal grandmother's birth certificate and it says her mother's maiden name is Stellato and she was from caserta, Italy, so I guess there is a connection with some of us on the forum. I'm not sure if Italian birth certificates list the first name or the middle name directly after the maiden name, but "Maria" is directly after "Stallato". Then there's another name, but I can't read it. It could be Carmina or Caruano. It's hard to read the writing.
Mariucia

Post by Mariucia »

To be more precise, great grandmom Stellato was from Casaluce, Italy, in the province of Caserta.
vstellat

Post by vstellat »

Hi Giovanni,

My grandfather was Vincenzo, I believe that makes us first cousins. My father was Pasquale, born in 1921. If you would like to contact me, my email address is vstellat@aol.com.

Vincent Stellato