Family records for Morinesio (Stroppo, Cuneo, Piemonte)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jpabello

Family records for Morinesio (Stroppo, Cuneo, Piemonte)

Post by jpabello »

Hello,

I am desperately trying to find family records from the little village of Morinesio, which is a part of the town of Stroppo, in the Val Maira, in Piemonte (regione di Cuneo).

Has anyone gone through this process before? If so would you be willing to share the records you have?

My entire family came from Morinesio in the 2nd half of the 19th century, and I know almost nothing of their ancestry.

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Family records for Morinesio (Stroppo, Cuneo, Piemonte)

Post by PeterTimber »

Morinesio is a "frazione" (absorbed suburb,hamlet or outlying houses) absorbed by Stroppo adminsigtratively in the province of Cuneo in the Piemonte region of NW Italy. You did not provide any surnames so I can only direct you to the telephone directory ww.paginebianche.it where you put in the surname of choice in the first (on the left)line and Stroppo in the second line clicking Buscar for any listing of persons with that surname.

There are no records avilable in the Mormon church family History Library on microfilm. I can direct you, however, to the way for you to conduct free and easy genealogy by going to www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/free_genealogy_.html

=Peter=
jpabello

Post by jpabello »

Peter,

Thank you for the kind response.
Here are the names I am more specifically looking for help with:

- Pietro Abello, born Dec 12, 1865 Stroppo (Parents: Michelle Abello born 1820, Valentina Einaudi born 1831)
- Antonina Abello, born Sept 11, 1903 Stroppo (Parents: Giuseppe Abello, Elisabetta Blanchi)

Any hints?
Thanks,

Jean-Pierre Abello
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

send a request for documents from the Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di Stroppo, Postale 12020, Fr. Paschero 12, (CN) Piemonte in Italian.

You can obtain a form letter in Italian by going to www.mangeruca.com. There is no charge for document requests to the best of my knowledge. =Peter=
alex.cuneo.italy

Post by alex.cuneo.italy »

Greetings, my name is Alessandro and I live in Cuneo province of Italy. For some time I have been doing genealogical research in my province for Americans and Argentineans of Italian heritage who need to obtain documents for Italian citizenship, or to have news of their relatives, or to reconstruct the history of their family of origin. Contact me without obligation. Alex.