Help with given name please
- gennattasio
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 00:00
Help with given name please
I'm having trouble making out the first name of the child on this birth cert. Last name is Procopio any suggestions on the first name?
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... nta/21.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... nta/20.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... nta/22.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... nta/21.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... nta/20.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... nta/22.jpg
Re: Help with given name please
Seems to be Gabriele
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: Help with given name please
Hi,
i think the given name of the child (female) is Rosalia or similar. Gabriele Procopio is the father.
best regards
Vincenzo
i think the given name of the child (female) is Rosalia or similar. Gabriele Procopio is the father.
best regards
Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
Re: Help with given name please
It doesn't seem to be Rosalia (It could be, but... there is something don't persuade me).
I see a "Euralia" or a "Surrelia" both very, very strange names
Luca
I see a "Euralia" or a "Surrelia" both very, very strange names
Luca
- fredoniapeaches
- Rookie

- Posts: 90
- Joined: 11 Jul 2008, 16:30
- Location: Fredonia, NY
Re: Help with given name please
I agree, it is not Rosalia. that first letter though, does have me stumped. it looks like an F or a G or something. the rest of the letters are "aoslia"
so if you can piece something together...good luck.
so if you can piece something together...good luck.
- gennattasio
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 00:00
Re: Help with given name please
Yes, the end of the name is lia. The first letter is a mystery and I've tried comparing it to other documents but no luck. Thanks for trying.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Help with given name please
can it be an albanian first name?? I see first letter (?)eurchia =peter=
- gennattasio
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 00:00
Re: Help with given name please
This family is from Varapodio near Oppido Mamertina, Reggio Calabria.
Re: Help with given name please
Here's a very useful link, but the male and female names are mixed.
Maybe you will find it here...
>Italian Name List pdf<
Maybe you will find it here...
>Italian Name List pdf<
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Help with given name please
I vote for "Fioslia" or "Gioslia". The first, according to a Google search, appears to be Latin for "a victim, or sacrifice". The other turns up in this page with a ? mark after it as if to say that the writer wasn't certain of the spelling.gennattasio wrote:I'm having trouble making out the first name of the child on this birth cert. Last name is Procopio any suggestions on the first name?
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... nta/21.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... nta/20.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... nta/22.jpg
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Help with given name please
I think it is a foreign name ending in stia and most likely suspect is Albanian. =Peter=
- gennattasio
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 00:00
Re: Help with given name please
It's a tough one, thanks for the great links Elba and Johnny.

