Processetti?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Emmy
Master
Master

Processetti?

Post by Emmy »

I recently received a processetti for the commune of Acquafondata and
it's a bit different from the one I have for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido.
Processetti films contain marriage documents and birth documents etc relevant to the couple being married.

I was looking for the marriage documents for my G.G.Grandparents.

From another film (births) I had found records of 4 of their children the oldest one was born in 1823 so that is why I ordered the processetti to cover the dates 1820-1850.
The very first document is a baptismal record for the son born in 1823 and nothing about his parents' marriage. I've kinda worked it out I need to order the previous processetti as well because it did have 'CONTINUED' at the start of this film but the previous processetti begins at 1820 as well

My question is WHY is their son's baptismal act included here should it not be the birth acts of the people being married?

Could the reason perhaps be that their first son was born before they were married?
Emmy
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Processetti?

Post by JohnArmellino »

Did the baptismal act indicate whether the parents were lawfully married? In my experience, birth and/or baptismal records often indicate whether or not the parents were lawfully married. This information might help you focus your search for the parents' marriage/processetti records. As to prior-born children, I have seen marriage records refer to prior-born children, both in cases of children born after a prior religious marriage (the children carried the father's surname) and in cases of children born out-of-wedlock (the children carried the mother's surname). However, I have never run across any child's birth/baptismal record included in processetti. On the other hand, I have seen sets of baptismal records mixed in with processetti on LDS films. Why, I don't know. It would seem more logical to place them with the birth records.
John Armellino
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Processetti?

Post by Emmy »

Thanks John,
Perhaps its just a mistake that the record is there I'll have a closer look at the record when I go back to the FHC maybe when I get the preceding film it may hold a clue
Emmy