Naso, Sicily & Ferrandina: Basillicata

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
pietrog

Naso, Sicily & Ferrandina: Basillicata

Post by pietrog »

Does anyone have a contact for Birth Certificates in Naso, Sicily & Ferrandina: Basillicata.

Thank you
-P
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Naso, Sicily & Ferrandina: Basillicata

Post by PeterTimber »

Both Naso, postale 98074, Province of Messina and Ferrandina, Postale 75013, Province of Matera are both Towns (comune) with municipal offices. You can go to www.mangeruca.com and forward form letters requesting the documents you wish, to the2 addresses- Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di ........,Postale 98074 and 75013 Provincia Di..........., Messina and Matera, Sicilyregion and Basilicata region, Italy.

Enclose a self addressed envelope with $5.00 ienclosed since the service is free of any charges and research for documents is an end of day duty for poorly paid employees. =Peter=
pietrog

Post by pietrog »

Peter,

Try as I might I am embarrassed to admit I am unable to put the address together for either.

Can you lay them out formatted.

Thanks for all of the terrific information.

Thanks,
-P
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Ufficio di Stato Civile
98074 Naso (ME)
Italy

Ufficio di Stato Civile
75013 Ferrandina (MT)
Italy
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Pietrog I am sorry that you could not make the leap from horizontal to vertical with the addresses. In the future I will be more sensitive to your needs. =Peter=
pietrog

Post by pietrog »

Yes!

Challenged at times with geometry.

Peter-thank you for such prompt and accurate information!

Thanks,
-P
pietrog

Post by pietrog »

Thank you Livio!!!

-P
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Think of it as a flattened isoceles triangle! =Peter=
BR7

Post by BR7 »

The records for Naso (and all of Province Sicilia) are online at: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ione/Naso/

They are free to view. You must sign up but it is free. They are written in cursive and are in Italian. You can learn Italian terms and formats for birth, death, and marriage. I traced my family back to the 1700's.

I would recommend the book "Discovering Your Italian Ancestors" by Lynn Nelson. Also you can search help online such as Googleing "Italian Genealogical forms" "Italian Genealogical terms" or whatever you may need.

Google translate can take words from Italian to English. BUT... It is not easy and you will need a real desire to find what you want. It can be significantly challenging but extremely rewarding If you have that desire you can do it! Jump in – I’m no scholar but I had the desire. Good Luck!