Fattorusso and Ruggiero from Angri, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jessicaitalia

Fattorusso and Ruggiero from Angri, Italy

Post by jessicaitalia »

Hello, I am looking for any information about the surnames Fattorusso and Ruggiero. My great-grandmother's maiden name says "Fattorusso" on her marriage license, but on her death cert., it says her Father's surname was "Ruggiero" and her mother's maiden name was "Bove".

Just needing help figuring out why my great-grandmother's maiden name wouldn't be Ruggiero, like her father. Or at least Bove.

Thanks!
mjones
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Fattorusso and Ruggiero from Angri, Italy

Post by mjones »

Jessica:

Here are some possible family members. I didn't find any Fattorusso's from Angri:

Name - Age - birth year - year of immigration
Ruggiero, Amuziata Angri 50 1849 1899
Ruggiero, Anna Angri 4 1894 1898
Ruggiero, Bartlolomeo Angri 34 1866 1900
Ruggiero, Eliodoro Angri 37 1866 1903
Ruggiero, Giovanni Angri 8 1890 1898
Ruggiero, Luigi Angri 29 1873 1902
Ruggiero, Luigia Angri 26 1880 1906
Ruggiero, Margherita Angri 21 1877 1898
FERRI - PROVENZANO - GUADAGNI - MARINESI - LARUSSA
wildaboutdolly

Post by wildaboutdolly »

Hi,
My relatives are also named Fattoruso from Angri, Italy! Note one "S" in his spelling. My great grandfather was Pasquale Fattorusso. He left Angri around 1876 at age 13 with his brother Gaetano and Mom whose husband had died in Italy...could be off on the arrival date. She remarried in the USA. Her name was Guisseppina Irace Fattoruso. Pasquale had a brother Gaetano fattorusso who spelled his name Fattorusso with "SS". Anyway, I am sure we are all related as there are about 20 families with this name in Angri...not many in the scope of people in Italy. I have a kid living with me from the North of Italy, in Torino. She is going to help me call these names in the phone book to find my family. My grandma's brother Thomas Fattoruso went to Angri in WWII and stayed with the Fatt's there. I have photos of some of these people. My side was in the olive oil and tomato sauce export business, but my great grandpa was a teen when he came over and his dad had died in Napoli so he was not in this business. The relatives were in the biz. My Pasquale lived on 21 Garfield place in Brooklyn, NY in the same apt complex with Al Capones family. My great uncle Lou was friends with Capone as kids who grew up together only. My family moved later to NJ where my grandma was born. Then to Marconiville now known as Copiague, NY. Capone came back and forth to play cards with my great uncle and bought sugar from my great grandpa's brother during prohibition. I know my Pasquale went back to a funeral in NJ for one of his Fatt relatives. Forgive the Fatt shortcut! My family used to say this too! Anyway, maybe we can help each other along the way!
God Bless!
Cousin Donna Blizzard
Leander, Texas
former New Yorker
royblizzard@peoplepc.com
Family origin: Pagani, Salerno, Naples. Arrived in NY 1889-1890...2 waves of arrival. Later settled in Newark, NJ
Surnames:
G. Grandma - Demartino, Marazzo
Great Grandpa - Pasquale Fattoruso
kpalmigiano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kpalmigiano »

I have a ruggiero in my family too. Anna Ruggiero was the mother of my great, great, grandfather - Carmine Del Pezzo. He was born in April 1861 in Angri to Anna Ruggiero and Giuseppe Del Pezzo. I would LOVE to find some more information on Anna and Giuseppe. Does Del Pezzo ring a bell to anyone? If you hear of any Del Pezzo's or of Anna in your phone calls, please let me know! Thanks!
Michael Costello

Post by Michael Costello »

My mother was Luigia Ruggiero. She was from Angri. She lived in Brooklyn before moving to Rhode Island. She mentioned the name Fattorusso to me when I was little. She had several relatives in Brooklyn.
Michael Costello

Post by Michael Costello »

I think we may be related! My mother was Luigia Ruggiero.