Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Would someone mind looking at one more document for me please. Maybe this is the one that actually gives me the information I am looking for. Thanks, Sheila
I found it very hard to read but this is what it looks to me:
The act concerns the marriage of Savastano Giuseppe and Tartaglione Vincenza
Year 1910 October 27
Savastano Giuseppe, years 25, son of Pasquale and Musella Carmela
Tartaglione Vincenza, years 25, daughter of the late Angelo and the late Iodice (?) Concetta.
Both peasants, born in Marcianise and there residing. Cannot be sure hundred per cent of all the family names but they exist in that area.
On the bottom there is an interesting note, saying that there are three children: Carmela, Concetta and Vincenzo with their date of birth. Hope you know them already!
Thank you Ada. I had both daughters, but not the son and now I have a verification of the parents' names too. Thank you so much. I have just come back to look at this site after a family emergency and I was so happy to have this information. What great news! It really makes for a good day.
The dialects of modern Italian all have their roots in the spoken form of Latin (Vulgar Latin), in use throughout the Roman Empire. Vulgar Latin had, no doubt, its own local peculiarities before the fall of the Empire. The political instability that followed Roman rule kept Italy from re-uniting as ...