Searching in Basilicata, Italy...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mandarino
Rookie
Rookie

Searching in Basilicata, Italy...

Post by mandarino »

Hi - I found out that my ancestors are from the regione di Basilicata - I'm not sure of the commune. What is the next step I should take? Any expert advice on searching in the Regione?

Should I send letters to all the churches?

Any advice would be really helpful! Grazie Mille!!! :D
Searching for Mandarino from the area of Basilicata, Italy. ♥
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Searching in Basilicata, Italy...

Post by liviomoreno »

The white pages show only 3 people in Basilicata with the surname Mandarino and they all live in Lauria, in the Potenza province.

You may write to them! The addresses are:

Bruno Mandarino
Via Fontana, 24
85044 Lauria (PZ)

Ing. Filippo Mandarino
Via Fontana, 43
85044 Lauria (PZ)

Vittorina Mandarino
Via Brancato Cardinale, 29
85044 Lauria (PZ)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you go to www.circolocalabrese.org you will find form letters in Italian language for potential relatives or you can telephone these people at the www.paginebianche.it website (Mandarino first line and Lauria second line and click CERCA). =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There does not appear to be any relating potential relative form letters inthe cicrolocalabrese.org website so go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Italy_tools.html =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

you will find that website at the http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

Sorry for the inconvenience. =Peter=
mandarino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mandarino »

liviomoreno wrote:The white pages show only 3 people in Basilicata with the surname Mandarino and they all live in Lauria, in the Potenza province.

You may write to them! The addresses are:

Bruno Mandarino
Via Fontana, 24
85044 Lauria (PZ)

Ing. Filippo Mandarino
Via Fontana, 43
85044 Lauria (PZ)

Vittorina Mandarino
Via Brancato Cardinale, 29
85044 Lauria (PZ)

Thank You! LOL I wrote to these people many times - they don't ever reply... Inclusively, I had an Italian friend from Lauria visit them and had the door slammed in his face!

Since these Mandarinos inherited around 5,000 acres of precious farm land, they are afraid that the descendants are coming to claim their heritage, so they won't help anybody :roll:

quella è la vita!
Searching for Mandarino from the area of Basilicata, Italy. ♥
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Do you have all your American research done? Do you have ships' manifests and census material on all your relatives? Are you sure that Lauria is the comune of birth?

If so, have you checked the Family History Center. They have the civil records for Lauria.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aabruno »

Mandarino,

That is difficult since there are hundrends of comunes in Basilicata. You will have to know with town in order to request the birth records.
teresitaboutique

Post by teresitaboutique »

HOLA SOY TERESITA BISNIETA DE VALENTIN MANDARINO HACE MAS DE 10 AÑOS ESTOY EN LA BUSQUEDA DEL PUEBLO DONDE NACIO,Y TAMBIEN ME CONTACTE CON VALENTINA QUE ES TATARANIETA HIJA DE MI PRIMO, PERO NO TENEMOS RESPUETAS..ENVIE CARTA A TODOS LOS ARCHIVOS DE BASILICATA, TAMBIEN ALGUNOS DE CAMPINIA Y DE CALABRIA.,,PERO NADA...ESTAMOS CASI SEGURAS QUE ES DE LAURIA PERO NIEGA EL PARROCO NUNCA RESPONDIO.. Y AHORA EN ESTE MOMENTO TENGO UNA PRIMA EN ITALIA Y EL PARROCO NO LA QUIERE ATENDER,, ES RARISIMO.. PUEDEN DARNOS ALGUNA SUGERENCIA??POR FAVOR LES QUEDARE MUY AGRADECIDA
CARIÑOS TERESITA
Ceci78

Post by Ceci78 »

Hola, yo también busco mis ancestros. Tu mensaje es de hace 12 años, pero lo pudiste resolver? Saludos