Orlandi from Gagliano Aterno or Agnone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lwasiluk

Orlandi from Gagliano Aterno or Agnone

Post by lwasiluk »

Hello - I am looking for information on my Orlandi family from Gagliano Aterno. They were bellmakers for many generations and my cousin has indicated that they may have come from Agnone where they worked at the Marinelli Foundry. Any leads to vital statistics or history of these towns will be greatly appreciated!
Leslie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Orlandi from Gagliano Aterno or Agnone

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Gagliano Aterno in the top and click CERCA and when the listing shows up with zip code, town name, Province and region click on townname and uop will come listing for the town,with vital inforamtion, website for the town and e-mail addresses to obtain information about the town.

If you know how to oread Italian you can go to www.tiscali.it and put in the townname for numerous entries about the town and, if not, then go to www. Italia.indettaglio.it =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You know if you go to www.tiscali.it and put in Gagaliano Aterno just clickon the first five entries. The 4th and 5thentries have fotos and maps and other self explanatory photographs of the town which you might immediately enjoy. =Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The following is the official site (in English) of the Fonderie Marinelli:
http://www.campanemarinelli.com/inglese/index2.php
lwasiluk

Post by lwasiluk »

Peter,

Thanks for the links. The forth down you pointed me to on www.tiscali.it has great pics of San Martino and in one of the pics you can see the Orlandi bells.

I have attached a pic of the stained glass from inside San Martino. At the bottom of the piece, you can see our family names. Raffaelle and Annunziata (Corti) are the names that I am currently researching, with difficulties. Americo (b. 8-29-1900) was my grandfather who came to the US. Also coming to the US were brother Pasquale (b. 1888) and cousin Vittorio (also born 8-29-1900). I have plenty of family stories but no facts to back anything up until immigration.

Thanks again,
Leslie
lwasiluk

Post by lwasiluk »

Livio - great link, thanks so much!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Leslie thank you so very much for being so thoughtful. If there is anything we can do please get back to us. =Peter=
lwasiluk

Post by lwasiluk »

Hi Peter -

Yes, maybe you, or anyone else reading, can answer a few questions for me......

In the WWI draft registration card database for US, it listed one of the people I was looking for as having served in the Infantry of the Italian Army. Do you know if any Italian military databases are available?

I know of at least one person killed in the earthquake of 1915. Do you know if there are any references materials/historical accounts/personal narratives, etc. regarding this tragic event?

A cousin has made reference to the family being documented as far back as 1753 in Agnone. I have read about the Catasti Onciari of 1472 (I think I got that right) and it being delivered from Agnone to Naples in 1753, so I think this is the document being referred to. Is this information transcribed and available somewhere?

Thanks!
-L
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

1st YES 2nd- I recall a listing for earthquake victims 1915 earthquake 3rd. Try google.com if no one here gets back to you with something more defintive. =Peter=