frigento records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dellac

frigento records

Post by dellac »

I would like to know how to get in touch with freigento italy for records on my grandmother and mother. thank you fastdell1@msn.com
I would like help finding out about the della camera,s of caiazzo caserta italy
Essgee
Master
Master

Re: frigento records

Post by Essgee »

dellac wrote:I would like to know how to get in touch with freigento italy for records on my grandmother and mother. thank you fastdell1@msn.com
Hi..

There are a couple of ways to access the records for Frigento.

1. You can send to Italy for the records...ask for the birth extract rather then the birth certificate. A ceritificate just has the child's name and date of birth. The extract includes the names of the parents, place of birth (usually the house) and sometimes more.

You can write to the following:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Commune di Frigento
83040 Frigento (AV)
Italy

2. You can also find all the civil records from 1809-1910 on microfilm at the Family History Library near to your home (more branches in the US then other countries, but they have branches all over the world)
The civil records are the birth, death, and marriage records for the town. They are in Italian, but can be read with a translation dictionary and a lot of perseverance. You can find your relatives on both maternal and paternal sides to the end of the 1700's using these records. Go to this site:
www.familysearch.org

You can search the library holdings for Frigento and find the locations of the branch libraries nearest to your home.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Dellac if you go to www.circolocalabrese.org and click on form letters you can send that to Italy along with a self addressed envelope and $5.00 even though the service is free it is low on their priority of things to do at the end of the day. Peter