sarafina ciccone

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
ardele

sarafina ciccone

Post by ardele »

I am trying to find information on my paternal grandmother from avellino
misbris
Master
Master

Re: sarafina ciccone

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Are you looking for Italian records or American ones? It would help if you gave us some more information to work with. ( Date of birth, approximate date of immigration, names of siblings, parents, husband, children etc...) This info would help us better direct your search.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

As pointed out to you the paucity of information you provided makes it exceedingly difficult to assist you in your research of your paternal grandmother. Many people are accustomed to recite the provincial capital as the area of their origin in Italy since naming an obscure town or village would not disclose the area they came from.

In Italy most records, documents and family history are in the City, Town or village of origin where there is a record of their births, marriages and deaths These records are often found on microfilm at a location nearest your home in the Mormon church family History Library where you can trace your family from 1809 to 1900, including your paternal grandmother.

Of course you might also wish to write to Italy and obtain records of your paternal grandmother and not proceed any further with your genealogical objectives in which case we can assist you by furnishing you with form letters in italian for those persons who only speak english and do not know the Italian language. This servic e is normally free of charge.

On the other hand since you appear tobe on the cusp of wishing to know more about your family perhaps you might wish to do your own FREE Italian Genealogy Reseearch by going to this very informative websigte.

http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... earch.html

=Peter=
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

As you can see by the following, more detailed information is needed
to identify the correct Serafina.

Is Ciccone her maiden name or married name? Did she reside in the US?
In which US state did she live?

NAME/ARRIVAL/BIRTHYEAR/PORT OF DEPARTURE/SHIP NAME

Serafina Ciccone 6 Nov 1954 Naples, Italy Italian Vulcania

Serafina Ciccone 15 Dec 1897 abt 1869 Naples, Italy Italian Alesia

Serafina Ciccone 29 Mar 1906 abt 1882 Citta di Milano

Serafina Ciccone 1 May 1921 abt 1898 Napoli Italian (South) (Italian) Ferdinando Palasciano

Serafina Ciccone 1 May 1921 abt 1907 Ferdinando Palasciano

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
SynThea
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SynThea »

I have many Ciccone ancestors from Carrufo, L'Aquila, Italy.

Please contact me directly via email and I can connect you with an excellent source who lives there part of each year.

We may even be cugini!

Carole Ciccone Andrews
SynThea
Massachusetts
USA
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Ardele if you go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html you can obtain Birth,marriage or death records in VILLA SANTA LUCIA DEGLI ABRUZZI 67020. Carrufo is a neighborhood or "frazione" of the major town of Santa Lucia Degli Abruzzi.

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Viila Santa Lucia Degli Abruzzzi and click cerca and when the web page comes up with zip code and province intials click on the Santa lucia name and a website will come and under MUNICIPIO is the address to send the form letters requesting the documents which are free of charge. All you need is the ffull name and approximate date or year in which the event occurred. =Peter=
~Peter~