Mariano Trapani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Trapani

Mariano Trapani

Post by Trapani »

Hello,

I am trying to find out more information about my great grandfather Mariano Trapani son of Salvatore born in Meta, Naples in 1831. Mario was a sailor and shipwright. I have his marraige certificate which states that he married on the 17th September 1872 in Cardiff Wales and appears on the census in the UK in 1881.

If anyone could give me advice on how to find out more information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Mariano Trapani

Post by juanminbar »

hi chris, click onto the site below. inset the name in the blank slot. when you access the data click onto ''family'' for additional data. there is a slight chance it is information you already have.

good luck, jojn

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... search.asp
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Chris your META Postale 80062, Napoli Province is what you have to deal with (There is another Meta that is not yours).

There is no microfilm of the civil records for Meta at your nearest Mormon church family history library.

You other option is to write directly to the Ufficio di Stato Civile (municipal hall) Go to www.nonsolocap.it and insert Meta and click CERCA. When listing shows up selecdt Meta (NA) and when screen comes up use municpality address and send direct form letter in Italian to their Uffico di Stato Civile. The service is free but you might wish to enclose a few dollars in for the poorly paid clerks who research at the end of day. Wait 6-8 weeks for reply. Request Certificato di Stato di Famiglia Storico(family certificat) in his fathers name as head of family. All immediate family members are listed.

Go to www,angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Davids_form_letters.html
for form letters in english and italian. =Peter=
Trapani

Post by Trapani »

Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for your help. I have written the letter and I am going post in next week when I'm of to Sicily.

Thanks again

Chris