Cima family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Piera

Cima family

Post by Piera »

I am looking for information about my grandfather's family. His name was Giovanni Cima of La Spezia, Italy. His wife was Maria Rosa Stagnari of Gabbiana, near Bagnone in upper Toscana(Val Magra). I believe there are also Cimas in Genova, Torino, Milano and Rome. I would appreciate any help in contacting them, and also in putting together a geneology. He worked in the Arsenale in La Spezia. I don't know his date of birth or the parish where he may have been baptized. I do know he was married in Gabbiana or Bagnone, and that he died in La Spezia in the 1970's or 1980's.
Vorrei trovare la mia famiglia italiana
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Cima family

Post by wldspirit »

Need to identify a date of birth. What documents have you collected so
far?
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Piera send an e-mail to URP@comune.sp.it and rerquest address or e-mail address for the ARSENALE in La Spezia for their public relations department....."Cerco l'indirizzo dell'arsenale o quello del e-mail. Sto cercando la data di nascita di un certo Giovanni Cima che mori in La Spezia durante gli anni circa gl'anni 1970-1980 o 1980-1990. Lui era impiegato nell'arsenale"

This is in italian requesting the arsenal address in La Spezia as you are looking for a former employee who died during the 1970-1980 or 1980 to 1990 years named Giovanni Cima. =Peter=
Piera

Post by Piera »

PeterTimber wrote:Piera send an e-mail to URP@comune.sp.it and rerquest address or e-mail address for the ARSENALE in La Spezia for their public relations department....."Cerco l'indirizzo dell'arsenale o quello del e-mail. Sto cercando la data di nascita di un certo Giovanni Cima che mori in La Spezia durante gli anni circa gl'anni 1970-1980 o 1980-1990. Lui era impiegato nell'arsenale"

This is in italian requesting the arsenal address in La Spezia as you are looking for a former employee who died during the 1970-1980 or 1980 to 1990 years named Giovanni Cima. =Peter=
Thank-you so much for your help. I will e-mail on Monday. I don''t know if he was actually born in LaSpezia, but his entire family came from there. If he was born there, is there a city wide registry of births for the period around 1900, and could I contact them?
Vorrei trovare la mia famiglia italiana
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

For some reason there is no microfilm of the civil records housed in the Mormon church family history library nearest your home (if ava)ilable you could rent it). It maybe that the records may have been destroyed in the war since La Spezia was a naval base that also had submarine pens that was bombed fiercely and much damage occurred. You will have to write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in La Spezia. Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in La spezia and after clicking click on La Spezia and look for the municipio address halfway down.

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the form letters to the Ufficio di Stato Civile. =Peter=