Anyone researching this family? (Barba, Beni, Brosoni, etc.)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
joe316

Anyone researching this family? (Barba, Beni, Brosoni, etc.)

Post by joe316 »

Hi, I having been searching for information on my grandparents family from the Island of Cres or Cherso to Italians in the area known as Istria in Croatia. So far I have not been able to find much more information then below. So I am posting the information here in case someone might have some information.

My grandmother Maria Elena Beni was born August 2nd, 1922 in Cherso, Province Of Pola, Italy and died September 21st, 1993 and buried in Thorton Cemetery in Oshawa, Ontario Canada.

Her parents were Francesca Brosovich (might be Brosoni as the Croatians added "vich" to Italian last names) born May 23rd, 1897, died December 10th, 1975. Francesca's father's name was Guiseppe Brosovich (or Brosoni) b. Cherso, Italy.

Francesca married Antonio Beni born January 12th, 1893 in Cherso, Province of Pola, Italy and died August 4th, 1971 in Avenza (MS), Italy. Antonio's father's name was Vincenzo Beni b. Cherso, Italy.

My grandfather was Giuseppe Mario Barba born September 15th, 1921 in Fiume, Province Of Fiume, Italy but it is now Ryeka, Yugoslavia and died October 13th, 2000 and buried in Thorton Cemetery in Oshawa, Ontario Canada. He married my grandmother Maria Beni on October 25th, 1947. His father was Giuseppe Barba born about 1899 in Chiogia, Italy and died in 1957. His mother Matilda Meccatet (but it was written down as Maccarolo, Macaroli, Maccarol, Mazzarol, Masarol as well) was born in about 1900 in Slovenia and died in 1970.

My grandmother and grandfather immigrated to Australia in 1956. My grandmother and father then immigrated there in 1957 after he found a job. They lived there for 4 years until immigrating to Canada in 1961.

Thank you for any help that anyone can give me with this family.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Anyone researching this family? (Barba, Beni, Brosoni, e

Post by ptimber »

I do not know how far you are along in your researches but there is a person named Robert Jerin of the Croation Heritage Museum in Cleveland Ohio whose last know e-mail address is banjelacic@worldnet.att.net. There are a number of websites that he has in the past made available to the general public which I fdind usefuyl from titme to time. In this instance you would be better served by him rather than thru me but I am here for you in any event. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Joe as an aside, have you gone to www.google.com and put in the surnames and the word genealogy alongside the surnames in the title. If anyone has done any research on the surnames it weill show up there as well. Go on e surname at a time. Peter
joe316

Post by joe316 »

Hi, I have been able to get a lot of the information I have from family. I have tried search engine searches but found nothing. I haven't tried a google search but will try one. I have emailed the address you gave me. It seems to have gone through. So hopefully he can give me some helpful websites. Thanks for the help.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Jerin is the Best there is!!!!!!!!!!!Peter
joe316

Post by joe316 »

Well that guy that I sent the email to never came through and got back to me. So I guess that I am back at square one. :(
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

TRY Him and then look up the museum and make a telephone call to locate the information thru the museum people in Cleveland. It is always that extra step that does it. Peter
Michelemh

Re: Anyone researching this family? (Barba, Beni, Brosoni, etc.)

Post by Michelemh »

Hi you may already have this information if not hope its of some help with your family research kind regards Michelemh

Australia -Records-
DEL BARBA Mario - Nationality: Italian - Arrived Fremantle per Cyrenia 26 March 1952 Departed Commonwealth on 30 October 1956

DEL BARBA MARIO
Contents date range
03 Aug 1957 - 01 Jun 1959

Contents date range 1949 - 1949
BARBA Mario DOB 21 February 1909; Elena DOB 3 April 1913; Giovanna DOB 15 September 1935; Luigi DOB 15 October 1936; Bruno DOB 27 August 1947