Figliuolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
silverfox81

Figliuolo

Post by silverfox81 »

Searching for ancestry and relatives of Figliuolo/Monzione family. Have only year grandfather was born, and immigration info. (ship, date, age, etc.) Fisciano/Salerno on paperwork.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Figliuolo

Post by ptimber »

You have sufficient information to get you started but youi can either write away for documents such as birth,marriage and death records on form letters or you can conduct your own research by going to the family history library of the Mormon chburch nearest your home and rent out the micorfil of civil records for the town of origin which normally fdor southern Italy goes back to 1809 plus minu a few years. Please let me knopw whats your pleasure. Peter
silverfox81

Post by silverfox81 »

Peter,
thanks for the input. I got some new information on my grandmother from a cousin, so I'm going to try the Allen County Library here in Fort Wayne to start.

:D Connie
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The family history library of the mormon church is the locale where you can order and rent the appropriate microfilm of civil records from the town of origin in Italy in order to trace your family connections back to the early 1800's. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Since you decided to obtain the microfilm, please bring along a magnifying glass and perhaps a dictionary for words that you may not be familiar with. REemeber these micorfilms are documents written in italian script and only go up to 1910 usually since Italy privacy act does not permit anything after that date to be published. Peter
Jufigli

Post by Jufigli »

hello, my last name is also figliuolo, im from brazil and my grandfather was italian from salerno, his name was raphaelle, i have his birth date, and his mother's name, and some other information
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

do the same thing I told the person aboved. Peter