Family Land in Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
calabrese

Family Land in Italy

Post by calabrese »

Iam trying to search out land title registration for my family. I have reason to believe there is still property in Italy belonging to my family. I have codici fiscali numbers for my mother, father, grandmother and grandfather, along with written information about each land parcel in question - will this help? I am uncertain of where to start. I went back to their home town four years ago and my grandmothers house was empty - looking derelict. I know squatting in Italy is quite common but there was no evidence that this was the case. The olive, orange and lemon groves might be a different story tho.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Kind regards
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Family Land in Italy

Post by wldspirit »

This site may be of help, however there is a charge for services.

http://www.landfinder.it/main.asp?aff=A ... INGLESE&p=

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
calabrese

Post by calabrese »

Thanks, I have seen that site and it is costly, about $188.00 per search. Was hoping for something free...
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Notarial Records
A few highlights from the book "Italian Genealogical Records"
by Trafford R. Cole.

Land would be recorded by a notary....notarial records are held by the state archives, they primarily document land transcations.
But knowing which notary was used if more than one? Not to mention that the notary did not have to reside in that town but could be chosen from another town.
A notary kept two copies of each document, one copy on file, the other was registered in the master file of the notary district/state archive.
Records comprise copies of all documents created by all notaries in a district. Usually divided into volumes of five or fewer years. Documents are arranged in the order in which the notary registered them in the master file.
These records sometimes have indexes known as
lista delle parti, or list of the contractors. More commonly however there is no index, these volumes are time consuming to search.
If you are searching for a specific act and know approximately when the act took place but do not know who the notary was, the master file is a more effective source.
Example, you are looking for a notary act concerning a will or inheritance and knew when the ancestor died, and thus an approximate date of the act, but not the name of the notary, then the master file would be the easier source to consult.

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Hi,
can you read Italian?
If so, you can request a "Visura catastale" cadastral surveywhich can be obtained on line through the Poste Italiane but you need to know all cadastral information concerning the property

Catasto on line

Ada
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

You could also try writing to the Ufficio Technico of the town in question. They MIGHT send you the same thing without all the catastral info.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
calabrese

Post by calabrese »

Thank you to everyone who has offered help and information! I will explore all of these avenues! Thanks again and Happy New Year!
calabrese

Post by calabrese »

Ada,

cadastral information can be found where? I have not come across anything by that name only codici fiscali.

I can read and write some Italian ( Sono studio per 6 mesi!). I also have someone who can help to translate the difficult bits!

Can you tell me where I might find the cadastral info you point out?

Grazie,

Calabrese
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

Hello Calabrese
If you send me the Italian Tax Ids (codici fiscali) I can tell you in a few minutes where the property is specifically. To make my job easier, make sure you give me the Province and/or town as well.

I can also find if you give me a name and birth date. Our office linked to all past and present real estate records.

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
San Francisco
italianlaw@comcast.net