Leonarda Iacono and Luigi D'Ambra from Lipari, Mes., Si

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
ischia

Leonarda Iacono and Luigi D'Ambra from Lipari, Mes., Si

Post by ischia »

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to find documented info on my grandmother and her family. Maria D'Ambra Castaldi was born on 27 Dec 1880 to Luigi D'Ambra b1846 and Leonarda Iacono b1857 married about 1879 in Lapari, Messina, Sicily, Italy. They had a son Michelangelo b1882 also in Lipari.

The family later moved to Forio d' Ischia, Italy and had a daughter Francesca b1884 and later Maria's father took her to USA (to be wed to my grandfather, Giovanni Guiseppe Castaldi in Phila. PA after stoping at relatives in Providence, Rhode Island) and the son Michelangelo went to USA also in 1896 with father Luigi. I do have the ellis island info on them as well as Francesca and her mother Leonarda came to USA in 1997 for the birth of Maria's 1st of 13 children.

If anyone can tell me how to find the birth and marriage records of them in Lapari, Messina, Sicily, Italy, please let me know. Our local LDS library is closed for renavations until June 2009.

I am also interested in finding relatives from the families of D'Ambra and Iacona that migrated to Providence, RI USA born in Lipari, Messina, Sicily, Italy. Thank you very much for listening.

Joanne Castaldi Navarro my real email is joannebdsh @yahoo.com
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Leonarda Iacono and Luigi D'Ambra from Lipari, Mes.

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Lipari and then click on Lipari when it comes up and scroll down to Municipio for address for Uffico di Stato Civile to request documents.

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters in Italian language

Lots of luck =Peter=
ischia

Re: Leonarda Iacono and Luigi D'Ambra from Lipari, Mes.

Post by ischia »

Peter,

Thank you very much. Joanne