Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Post by Biff83 »

1900 census

Name: Passco De Blasico
[Passco Deblasico]
Home in 1900: Philadelphia Ward 38, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Age: 55
Birth Date: Nov 1844
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Ethnicity: American
Immigration Year: 1889
Relationship to head-of-house: Head
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Spouse's Name: Antonia
[Mary]
Marriage Year: 1865
Years Married: 35
Residence : Philadelphia City, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Household Members: Name Age
Passco De Blasico 55
Antonia De Blasico 57
Rose De Blasico 24
Sabato De Blasico 26
Mary De Blasico 22
Luisa De Blasico 3.12

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Post by pink67 »

Buongiorno a tutti! :D

I found on the site:

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... t.html#p=0

a death certificate for George another son of Pasquale and Santella (died at 5 months in 1910 :cry: )


Name: George Deboise
Death date: 1 October 1910
Death place: Philadelphia
Gender: male
Age at death: 5 months
Birth date: 23 april 1910
Birth place: Phila
Father name: Pasquale
Father birth place: Italy
Mother name: Santella Viola
Mother birth place: Italy
Street address: 2819 N 21th street, Ward 38
Cemetery name: Holy Sep.
Burial date: 3 october 1910

here the image:
[img=http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5049 ... eq9.th.jpg]

Laura
User avatar
dferrizzi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 02:54

Re: Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Post by dferrizzi »

You guys are awesome!

I talked to my aunt last week and my great-grandmotherss name was indeed Santella. Now i just need to trace what part of Italy they are from. I found references from Abruzzio and Sicily so far.

As far as any WW1 references, I'm afraid I would have no idea about that. I'm not really sure if my Grandmother had any brothers. I know she had 3 sisters.

Surnames in my family are:

Viola, DiBlasio, Ferrizzi, Lanzetta, Vassallo, Mancuso.

Oddly enough, I found relations in Greece and Argentina where the Ferrizzi names was mutated into Ferris(Argentina) and Rharis(Greece) The Greek line was actually the last blood royalty line of Greece so I did find that interesting.

Thank you so much for all your research!

Cin Cin
Info on : Ferrizzi, DiBlasio, Viola
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Post by pink67 »

You're welcome!
Biff83 wrote:Interesting 1898 manifest for Viola Santella and children, Antoniella, Lucia, and Pasquale lines 6 through 9
Name: Viola Santella
Arrival Date: 10 Mar 1898
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1871
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian
Ship Name: Massilia
Last residence: Montecorvino, possibly Montecorvino Pugliano, province: Salerno - region: Campania or
Montecorvino Rovella, province: Salerno - region: Campania
Destination: Philadelphia to join husband/father Pasquale

Biff
Member Biff found the place of origin....
User avatar
dferrizzi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 02:54

Re: Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Post by dferrizzi »

Biff83 wrote:Hi, Valarie :D !

Located Anna's marriage record on Family Search--surname spelled DeBlasio--with what appears to be some of her siblings. I'm wondering if brother Pasquale changed his name to Charles.

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... agend0.jpg

Biff
Young Pasquale did indeed change his name to Charles. Confirmed this about an hour ago with a phone call. It is also on his WW1 Record.

Just confirmed place of origin. My father is ecstatic! Tomorrow he is making plans to go "home" to find out what family we have left in Italy. You guys just made an old man, and me very happy!
Info on : Ferrizzi, DiBlasio, Viola
User avatar
pudstah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 18:26

Re: Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Post by pudstah »

Biff83 wrote:
Name: Sabato De Blasio travelling with wife Concetta Villano
Arrival Date: 24 Jul 1899
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1875
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian
Ship Name: Karamania
Last residence: Montecorvino
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Destination: Philadelphia to join father Pasquale at 2005 W? Clearfield St

Biff
I have DeBlasio/di Blasio and Villani in my bloodline, and I have been trying to track them relentlessly. I happened to come across this forum and signed up immediately to reply!

It's been several years since you guys have been doing this research, but I have reason to believe Sabato and Concetta are my great great grandparents. The info above is different to what I found via ellisisland.org records though! The info I just discovered of them is on the ship Bolivia on 9 July 1899, with the exact same destination information. I have a copy of the ship manifest.

The only thing is that I know that my Sabato and Concetta were born in 1869 & 1870 respectively. I know that Sabato died in 1951, but I do not know where. I cannot find his name anywhere - not on ancestry; no military papers, and no death notices, and both of them seem to be invisible on any census from 1900-1930. I know he went by the name 'Mr. Sam' from living members of my family who knew them. I even have a bunch of photos of them! I can only assume that their names became 'americanized' after arriving at some point.

They would have travelled together, I believe, from Italy. I know they had 5 daughters: Louise, Antoinette, Anna, Rose and Josephine. Louise was my great grandmother, born 7 Feb 1900 in Philadelphia. My mother is named after her. It would mean that Concetta might have been pregnant with her at the time of travelling to America.

I'm finding it difficult to even find information about Louise. I have searched di blasio, deblasio, diblosio, and about a billion other variations. Louise married and became a Picariello (also difficult to find her under that name due to the incorrect spellings!).

I am told that Sabato's mother's maiden name was VerBongotten - which I can find ZERO information about. Apparently she was German.

If anyone has any info or details about any of the names I've mentioned... please, please, please let me know. I am going crazy.
User avatar
trevisan2
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 00:00
Location: Utah, Mareno di Piave (TV)
Contact:

Re: Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Post by trevisan2 »

I have seen a pietro de Blasio in my ancestry back in 1728 in the Comune of Moreno di Piave, Treviso.

Just to shed some light on the de Blasio name. In my case de Blasio was actually Pietro Biasi and the priest wrote Blasio. I have seen names like Blasio, Biagio, Biasis.

Also, Biasi, Blasio surnames are uncommon, but found all over Italy, north and south.
It will be interesting to see of your names changes as you go back to the 1600's.
Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
User avatar
dferrizzi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 02:54

Re: Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Post by dferrizzi »

I think that DiBlasio and its different spellings are a common name in Italy. Furthest I've gotten was Pasquale and Santella (nee Viola) BiBlasio. They both lived in Montecorvino Pulgiano before settling on 21st street in Philadelphia. I have nother on the Viola or Diblasio line after these two, who are my great-grandparents.
Info on : Ferrizzi, DiBlasio, Viola
User avatar
dferrizzi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 02:54

Re: Looking for info: DiBlasio and Viola

Post by dferrizzi »

pudstah wrote: I have DeBlasio/di Blasio and Villani in my bloodline, and I have been trying to track them relentlessly. I happened to come across this forum and signed up immediately to reply!

It's been several years since you guys have been doing this research, but I have reason to believe Sabato and Concetta are my great great grandparents. The info above is different to what I found via ellisisland.org records though! The info I just discovered of them is on the ship Bolivia on 9 July 1899, with the exact same destination information. I have a copy of the ship manifest.

The only thing is that I know that my Sabato and Concetta were born in 1869 & 1870 respectively. I know that Sabato died in 1951, but I do not know where. I cannot find his name anywhere - not on ancestry; no military papers, and no death notices, and both of them seem to be invisible on any census from 1900-1930. I know he went by the name 'Mr. Sam' from living members of my family who knew them. I even have a bunch of photos of them! I can only assume that their names became 'americanized' after arriving at some point.

They would have travelled together, I believe, from Italy. I know they had 5 daughters: Louise, Antoinette, Anna, Rose and Josephine. Louise was my great grandmother, born 7 Feb 1900 in Philadelphia. My mother is named after her. It would mean that Concetta might have been pregnant with her at the time of travelling to America.

I'm finding it difficult to even find information about Louise. I have searched di blasio, deblasio, diblosio, and about a billion other variations. Louise married and became a Picariello (also difficult to find her under that name due to the incorrect spellings!).

I am told that Sabato's mother's maiden name was VerBongotten - which I can find ZERO information about. Apparently she was German.

If anyone has any info or details about any of the names I've mentioned... please, please, please let me know. I am going crazy.
Interesting! My Ggrandfather Pasquale lived at 21st & clearfield, but Sabato could not haven been his son. (He was born in 1866). Brothers is more like it, since your Sabato was going to my Pasquale's house to stay. There is no record of a Sabato living at that address however in any census I have of the family. I do owever, have Pasquale's parents and grandparents listed on my family tree an ancestry.com Feel free to check it out. It's the Ferrizzi Family Tree.
Info on : Ferrizzi, DiBlasio, Viola
Post Reply