Translation question

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mishy
Rookie
Rookie

Translation question

Post by mishy »

While waiting for my gf naturalization papers, I need to have documents translated to Italian. I live in NJ, but right now in Florida for a month or longer. So does anyone know of a translator in the sw Fl. area, possibly near Naples? Might as well get this done while I wait, and wait...........
matta
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation question

Post by matta »

mishy wrote:While waiting for my gf naturalization papers, I need to have documents translated to Italian. I live in NJ, but right now in Florida for a month or longer. So does anyone know of a translator in the sw Fl. area, possibly near Naples? Might as well get this done while I wait, and wait...........
Most translators that I've seen work online. You scan them copies of documents and they mail you a translation.

I don't have any recommendations other than to suggest that you widen your search to not just FL. Good luck!
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

Hi mishy,
You can PM me if you are interested in a website that will do translations for you.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Contact 888-604-1970 or e-mail Info@icapbridging2worlds.com and ask them about translating your documents. They are located in the Chicago Illinois area I believe......Please let me know how you make out. Believe me secrecy is not one of our forum trade marks.

=Peter=
~Peter~
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

Believe me secrecy is not one of our forum trade marks. =Peter=
Dear Peter, if you are implying "secrecy" as to my first post here, it's no secret, I only asked mishy to PM me as I was not sure if referrals are allowed.
So does anyone know of a translator in the sw Fl. area,
here is a translation website for all to see: translationsfornations.com
check the prices then decide & please let me know how you make out.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

We do not prohibit referrals, however we do not endorse any one agency or person either. We also do not allow for solicitations as this is a free forum.
Members are allowed to include their sites in their signature lines, but the person embarking on paid services does so at their own risk and IG has no liability for said services.

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

Thank you for the clarity regarding referrals and solicitation wldspirit, as my aim is true and only meant to be of assistance to a fellow board member............
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

:D Your help to members is appreciated!!
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

grazie, and your signature plays like a song !
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

wldspirit wrote:We do not prohibit referrals, however we do not endorse any one agency or person either. We also do not allow for solicitations as this is a free forum.
Members are allowed to include their sites in their signature lines, but the person embarking on paid services does so at their own risk and IG has no liability for said services.

wldspirit
I do translations, but don't advertise them on any board. If I do any for members here, or on other sites, it is because I like to help out when and if I can. I do sometimes have to bite my tongue when new members are searching for translators, but there are plenty available if they do a websearch and there are others available here on IG via thier signatures. But I agree with 'wldspirit' and IG policy - solicitations shouldn't be allowed...
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"