Hello
My father Costantino Miola was born in Scauri (Minturno) in 1918. He came to the United States in 1926. He died in 1998 without ever returning to Italy which was always his wish. I promised him that I would go there for him. I am planning on visiting there this fall and was wondering if anyone could provide me any information on the area.
Any info would be very appreciated.
Thank You
Tony
Scauri
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Scauri
Scauri is a" frazione "(neighborhood or hamlet absorbed ny Minturno or suburb) of the Comune of Minturno, 04026 (zip code), Latina Province in the Lazio region. If you can read italian then you can go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Minturno and then click on Minturno and a web page willl come up for the town administerative pafge and to the middle right is the www tourist link for Minturno. There may be other links in english which I am sure we can locate. =Peter=
~Peter~
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Scauri
Wow! A coastal village between Napoli and Roma? Can I go with you?tonymiola wrote:Hello
My father Costantino Miola was born in Scauri (Minturno) in 1918. He came to the United States in 1926. He died in 1998 without ever returning to Italy which was always his wish. I promised him that I would go there for him. I am planning on visiting there this fall and was wondering if anyone could provide me any information on the area.
Any info would be very appreciated.
Thank You
Tony
Please?
PS: If you can meet the hardware requirements, download and install Google Earth on your PC then "Fly to" Scauri Italy and zoom in close for some great satelite views of the area.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Scauri
The english version can be found at www.italia.indettaglio.it/eng/lazio/minturno.html =Peter=
~Peter~
- ErsiliaNovelli
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 27 Sep 2008, 15:47
Re: Scauri
cara Laura, non sono più riuscita ad entrare in contatto con Tony Miola, che pure aveva chiesto notizie di eventuali parenti a Minturno. Forse non riesce a capire quello che scrivo. Puoi cortesemente provare a contattarlo per me? Ti ringrazio. Ersilia Novelli
Re: Scauri
Ersilia,
ti ho appena spedito un messaggio e-mail...
Troverai l'indirizzo e-mail di Tony Miola che già ti avevo mandato.
In bocca al lupo!
Laura
ti ho appena spedito un messaggio e-mail...
Troverai l'indirizzo e-mail di Tony Miola che già ti avevo mandato.
In bocca al lupo!
Laura