Birth Records Translation Help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
brru25
Rookie
Rookie

Birth Records Translation Help

Post by brru25 »

So I found my great-great grand parents' birth records from 1869 and 1871 and I'm having a hard time translating them since they are all entirely handwritten in Italian script. I copied them using a microfilm scanner and this is the best I could get them to come out. The links for all of them are as follows:

Antonio Ruberti - page 1

img24.imageshack.us/im...threco.jpg

Antonio Ruberti - page 2

img21.imageshack.us/im...threco.jpg

Ida Sereni - page 1

img16.imageshack.us/im...record.jpg

Ida Sereni - page 2

img26.imageshack.us/im...ordpag.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth Records Translation Help

Post by aabruno »

Your links are not full... cannot get to them.
BTW, one thing I do is take pictures of the microfilm (no flash). this way I can zoom in using the computer.

Anthony
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

does that work pretty good when you take pictures of the film? when you zoom in does it become to grainy? or pixalated? wow it sounds like a pretty good idea, i will try that.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aabruno »

I just use my 8 Megapixel Canon camera... I can then zoom in, cut or crop...also reverse black and white for those hard to read records.
brru25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by brru25 »

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Ida, Elettra Maria SERENI was born Sept 4, 1871 in Bagni di San Giuliano.
Father: Pietro, son of the late Giuseppe, aged 41, mason
Mother: Assunta Picchelle (Sp?), daughter of the late Luigi.

There's also an annotation saying that Ida married Antonio Ruberti on Dec (?) 10, 1892.
Apples
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Apples »

Hi I don't know if you are still on here but I have looked at Antonio's birth and I think that it says that:-

Antonio Giovani Ruberti was born at 5am on 26th August 1869 in Asciano
Father: Frederigo, son of Angelo, aged 25, tennent farmer, of Asciano
Mother: Clorinda Scarpellini, daughter of Francesco, tennent farmer

I am not certain about the mothers name but I think this is the best guess - at first I thought it began with E but when you compare it to the E in ida's middle name it looks different. Also if you look at when he writes comune his c's look the same.

I have been attempting to transcribe the whole document for my own practise (hopefully I will have my own to transcribe one of these days). I am happy to send you a copy of what I have managed to do if you would like - its not perfect but it is readable!
CAKING57

Post by CAKING57 »

I am just beginning to research my family tree and could use some guidance. I know that my grandmothers family is from aciano di pisa and their name was giannetti and Gregori. I believe that the Gregori family and the Ruberti family are related through a marriage and was hoping to find a connection. Can you help? Is this family Ruberti you are discussing connected?