Help with Last Name

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
brru25
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: 20 Jan 2009, 09:17

Help with Last Name

Post by brru25 »

This link is a picture from a birth record and what I need help with is what the last name is. To me it looks it could be:

Laspellini
Lassellini
Lasscellini
Lapellini

Or it could be none of these. If you can take a look at it and let me know what you think that would be appreciated. I know the first name is Francesco, that seems pretty clear.

http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=francesco.png
User avatar
uantiti
Elite
Elite
Posts: 405
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 16:52
Location: Piedmont (Biella) & Veneto (Venice), Italy

Re: Help with Last Name

Post by uantiti »

I would say SCARPELLINI.

Ada
User avatar
brru25
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: 20 Jan 2009, 09:17

Re: Help with Last Name

Post by brru25 »

I also meant to post this one, too. This one looks like the name is Amida but the first letter could be a C so I'm not sure:

http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amida.png
User avatar
brru25
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: 20 Jan 2009, 09:17

Re: Help with Last Name

Post by brru25 »

I didn't even think that could be an Sc. It looked so much like an uppercase L.
User avatar
uantiti
Elite
Elite
Posts: 405
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 16:52
Location: Piedmont (Biella) & Veneto (Venice), Italy

Re: Help with Last Name

Post by uantiti »

The image is too big, could be Clorinda but I'm not sure.

Ada
User avatar
uantiti
Elite
Elite
Posts: 405
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 16:52
Location: Piedmont (Biella) & Veneto (Venice), Italy

Re: Help with Last Name

Post by uantiti »

brru25 wrote:I didn't even think that could be an Sc. It looked so much like an uppercase L.
It doesn't look any of the surnames you mentioned, I'm nearly sure it's Scarpellini. Let see if anybody else has a different version.

Ada
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Help with Last Name

Post by pink67 »

Hi,

I agree with Ada, it seems Francesco Scarpellini

Laura
User avatar
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite
Posts: 390
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 14:13

Re: Help with Last Name

Post by ChrisMosca »

I also agree with scarpellini the second one is hard to tell, its definitely something-mida
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help with Last Name

Post by liviomoreno »

uantiti wrote:I would say SCARPELLINI.

Ada
Agree 100%, Francesco Scarpellini
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help with Last Name

Post by liviomoreno »

brru25 wrote:I also meant to post this one, too. This one looks like the name is Amida but the first letter could be a C so I'm not sure:

http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amida.png
I suggest that you post the full document...
Post Reply