Surname Torretta

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bru

Surname Torretta

Post by bru »

Hello,
I'm searching for passenger arrival information or any information, of my grandfather, Pietro Torretta (27), his wife Carolina (21) and his son Amadeu (5 months). They arrived in Santos (Brazil) in 08/08/1894 on the ship Matteo Bruzzo. Does anyone know how I can research the existance and records of this ship?

Thank you.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Surname Torretta

Post by ptimber »

Perhaps if you can read portuguese you can go to www.imigrantesitalianos.com.br and research this website for possible. links. You did not mention their origin in Italy so it is not easy to research informally. Peter
bru

Post by bru »

Hi Peter
I have already tried this site, but without success
I'don't know their origin in Italy, and this is what I'm looking for.
I know that they came to Brazil in the ship Matteo Bruzzo in 08/08/1894 from Genova to Santos. He was 27 years old, was married with Carolina Frugeiro(?) and had a son when arrived in Brazil.
His father was Giuseppe Torretta and his mother was Rosa Torretta.
These are the only things that I know about them.
So, I'd like to know if there is a place where I can find some data of that trip (diário de bordo), about the passenger arrivel or something like that. I don't know other way to find their origin.
Thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I don't have that information at my fingertips. It may be that someone else can answer your questions right away. I would need time and that is not fair to you. Peter
bru

Post by bru »

Peter
Thank you any way
If you find something, please write to me.
One more question:
Do you know something about the surname Frigeiro (or Frigiero)?
Thanks again
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You might wish to go to www.ape.es.gov.br since Frigeiro is a brazilian surname and not italian. Have you gon thru the other websites in brazil such as in www.gogle.com you put in the words Italianos. This is for Brazilian google. Peter
bru

Post by bru »

Carolina Frigeiro came from Italy, married with Pietro. So, I don'T know how her surname is brazilian
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is no Frigeiro in Italy at this current time. Are you sure the spelling is correct? Could it be Frigerio since there are 657 cities,towns and vbillages with people having that surname. Peter
bru

Post by bru »

I'm looking for more documents. I have only one certificate of death of Pietro and the his wife's name is Carolina Frigeiro.Thanks again
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I still believe there an error in spelling here., Peter