Brunetti from Sardinia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SouthendSue

Brunetti from Sardinia

Post by SouthendSue »

Hi

New to the Italian genealogy scene so forgive ne for my ignorance!
On the UK 1911 Census I've found Anita BRUNETTI (single) born in Macomer (?), Sardinia aged 19, living with her grandparents Joshua and Eliza Webster. There are no parents with her.
I cannot find an English marriage for the potential parents (possible mothers name Eliza Webster) nor any birth of Anita (but she does state on the census b in Sardinia so not surpising really!)

Can anyone give me any clue on how to find out more about Anita and her parents?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Brunetti from Sardinia

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Macomer, click Cerca and a screen shows up with CAP town code, town name, province (Nuoro), Sardegna.

Click on The name itself Macomer and a website will come up with web page for Macomer,scroll down to Municipio for address of Ufficio di Stato Civile for BMD records. Service is free.

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

if there is a www to the right of Municipio that is for a toruist website of sorts for Macomer. =Peter=
~Peter~
SouthendSue

Post by SouthendSue »

Thanks for the quick reply Peter! Just one question - will the amount of information I have be enough for the Italian officials ie surnames only of father/groom and mother/bride
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You could approximate the year within a 5 year range but they would need someway to verify for whom you are requesting documents.Anita was born in 1892 (1911-19) and figure her parents were 20 years younger when she was born so range of 1870 to 1875 would be a good guess in the absence of any date at all. =Peter=
~Peter~
SouthendSue

Post by SouthendSue »

Thanks again Peter for being so helpful and quick with it!! We'll see how I get on!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Postscript if you haven't written yet use the phrase for Birth record ESTRATTO DI NASCITA which will include parents names and more.=Peter=
~Peter~