Please translate from English to Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Please translate from English to Italian

Post by lynnef »

Uffico di Stato Civile
Comune di Caulonia
89041 Caulonia (RC)
ITALY

02 aprile 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

Hello. My name is Lynne Frederick, and I am doing research on my family history. I would like to obtain a copy of the birth certificate of my great-grandfather, Vincenzo Ali, born in 1864 in Caulonia Reggio di Calabria, Italy. I would also like to obtain a copy of the birth certificate of my great-grandmother, Maria Virgola, born in 1882 in Caulonia Reggio di Calabria, Italy. Please let me know the cost for your help and how I can pay. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lynne Frederick
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Please translate from English to Italian

Post by liviomoreno »

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune di Caulonia
Via Roma
89041 Caulonia (RC)
ITALY

02 aprile 2009

Mi chiamo Lynne Frederick e sto svolgendo una ricerca genealogia sulla mia famiglia.

Vi prego di inviarmi un Estratto per copia integrale della nascita del mio bisnonno Vincenzo Alia nato a Caulonia nel 1864 e della mia bisnonna Maria Virgola, nata a Caulonia nel 1882.

Vi prego inoltre di farmi sapere il costo di questa operazione.

Ringraziando anticipatamente, distinti saluti

Lynne Frederick

Write your address here
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lynnef »

Thanks so much for your help, Livio. It's greatly appreciated. Wish me luck! :)
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lynnef »

It's been three months, and I haven't heard anything back. Any suggestions as to what I should do next would be greatly appreciated. Grazie. :)
Lynne
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Normally the wait time is 4 to 8 weeks so I would send a duplicate request with a form letter in Italian under research by mail located at
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html and request an "Estratto di nascita" (long form birth record) "incarta libera (non legal paper unless needed for legal purposes.) Ignore charge since the servic e is normally free and await any request for money in separate mailing.

I would not mention anything about a prior request since your documents may show up within the next few days ....hey you never know!! =Peter=
~Peter~
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lynnef »

Thanks for your reply, Peter. I've been seriously considering hiring a professional genealogist for the last seven or so months. Is there someone you can recommend? Grazie.
Lynne
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If that is your wish you can contact Ms Kathy Fitzpatrick out of Utah who makes several trips a year and specializes in Southern Italy and who I have known to be a person of competence and integrity. You can reach her at www.gentracer.com/nextrip.html

=Peter=
~Peter~
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lynnef »

Thanks for the link, Peter. I've decided to wait a bit longer to see if something arrives in the mail. :wink:
Lynne