Help Reading Last Name
Help Reading Last Name
I was able to obtain some church records on my great-grandfather and my grandfather and granduncle. Un fortunately, I am having a hard time figuring out the maiden name of my great grandmother. They are all from Procida. The name looks like Carcatella, Carratella or Calcaterra. Can anyone help?
Re: Help Reading Last Name
FWIW - In the last example it looks like 'Calcaterra' to me...
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: Help Reading Last Name
Carcatella in the first and in the second document, Calcaterra in the third one. It was very common that a surname could be mispelled at that times.
Luca
Luca
Re: Help Reading Last Name
ditto: Carcatella on number one & two and Calcaterra on the third.
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
Re: Help Reading Last Name
That's what I thought but I can't find any follow on documents with any of those names. I guess I will keep looking for all three.
Thank you all,
Roberto
Thank you all,
Roberto



