This snippet is from the 1878 atto di morte for Donato Bordessa, from the Como records downloaded from Ancestry. To the right of his name is a third word, which I can't decipher. Because the slant of the handwriting is reversed, it's possible that it's a bleed-through from the back of the page - the whole record has more ghosting than usual - but the ink seems quite dark, so that's why I'm wondering if it's a notation of some sort. I don't think it's a middle name because the full record doesn't show one. Does anyone have any ideas?
The full record is posted here:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4167/d ... th1878.jpg
Thanks!
Jerry
Illegible word on Italian death certificate
Re: Illegible word on Italian death certificate
jwazevedo wrote:... Because the slant of the handwriting is reversed, it's possible that it's a bleed-through from the back of the page ...
Luca
Re: Illegible word on Italian death certificate
Thank you, Luca. As Rorschach might have said once: Sometimes an ink blot is just an ink blot!
Best,
Jerry
Best,
Jerry
Re: Illegible word on Italian death certificate
It could say 'maggiore', as in oldest. I have seen this on lots of records. Hard to say for sure though because it's so blurry.

