1633 Notary Act

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
cefalo2
Rookie
Rookie

1633 Notary Act

Post by cefalo2 »

Can anyone take a shot at this notary record?

It extends over three pages, starting at the bottom left corner of the first photo. It's in regard to Francesco Remellino and I think the date is the 6 Feb. 1633 .... but beyond that I'm clueless.

It's too long for a literal translation, but if anyone could pick out the highlights I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3
Lucap
Master
Master

Re: 1633 Notary Act

Post by Lucap »

Only a question: are you able to understand me if i write in italian?

L.
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

I hope that you can understand me because i have not much time at this moment and i prefere to write in italian:
L'atto è la classica "dotale", ossia quel patto che si stringeva tra le famiglie dei futuri sposi e che riguardava la parte economica del matrimonio. In questo caso il matrimonio si dovrà celebrare tra Rita Porzia, figlia di Francesco Remellino, e Domenico Parziale.
Come dote Francesco ha stabilito di dare a Domenico un terreno e alcune altre cose ma la definizione delle fotografie è un po' bassa e piuttosto di dire fesserie preferirei se tu potessi fotografarle nuovamente con una definizione maggiore, magari dividendo ogni singola pagina anche in 4 fotografie così rimane a fuoco meglio tutto il testo.

Ciao
Luca

P.S. Hai ragione: la data è 6 Febbraio 1633
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

In case you don't read Italian, Luca wrote:

"The act is a classic dowry, or that is to say the pact that was arranged between the families of the future newlyweds with respect to the economic part of the marriage. In this case, the marriage was being celebrated between Rita Porzia, daughter of Francesco Remellino and Domenico Parziale.
As a dowry, Francesco would give to Domenico a parcel of land and a few other things but the definition in the picture is a little low and difficult to discern, I would prefer if you could photgraph it again with a higher definition, possibly dividing each separate page into 4 pictures so that all the text will remain in focus better. "

And you are right, the date is February 6, 1633
cefalo2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cefalo2 »

Thank you SO much Luca and Sirena! You've been a tremendous help!