Help with a line from a birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 212
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 17:29

Help with a line from a birth record

Post by jwazevedo »

Salve,

I haven't seen this phrase before, used after the given name in a birth record from Northern Italy, and I wonder what it means. I think the words are: "e che io riconosco essere ???? vita". "And who I recognize as being born?? alive"? What is that word and the implication of having that phrase in there? Grazie!

Jerry
User avatar
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 207
Joined: 14 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Help with a line from a birth record

Post by eyetalgal »

senza vita - without life ?
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help with a line from a birth record

Post by liviomoreno »

e che io riconosco essere senza vita = and I have verified that he is stillborn.
User avatar
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 212
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 17:29

Re: Help with a line from a birth record

Post by jwazevedo »

Thank you both for the reply. I was looking for the phrase "nato morto" and didn't think of "senza vita".

Ciao,
Jerry
Post Reply