Translate this letter into Italian please.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Translate this letter into Italian please.

Post by donnawright »

This is a little long, but this man is well into his 80's now and the last for sure living link in Italy that I know about. Please translate this for me and I'll snail mail it to him and hope for the best. Thank you

Dear Father Carlo,
I wrote to you in February and learned from Sandro that you were very happy to hear from me again after all these years. I am concerned, however, that I have not received a reply from you. I hope that you are well.

Father, some time ago when I sent to you Aunt Assunta's money for mass following her death, you responded that you had done some family genealogy research. I am very, very interested in seeing your work, photos of the family, and contact information for the living family. In fact, since I do not know who your family members are (or even if you have any), may I offer to be the caretaker of your photos, letters, or any other treasures? Being realistic, I simply do not want them to get lost, misplaced or discarded. I consider all of these things family treasures, and I promise to treat them as such. Please let me know.

If you are able, I would love to know any stories you could tell about your family, my family before they came to America, and those left behind. I don't know anyone other than you who knew them. Feel free to write in Italian. I will find a way to get translation.

It might please you to know that I think I qualify for Italian citizenship as well as American through my mother, as are my four children and three grandchildren. I have not done the work to make this official, but one day I shall. I have always loved being of Italian heritage and more so now that I am attempting to construct the family history. I have written to the comune of Sorano nearly two months ago for records but have not heard anything from them yet.

I hope to hear from you soon. If there is anything I can do for you, I hope you will let me know. You have a lot of family in America.

Kindest regards.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Translate this letter into Italian please.

Post by liviomoreno »

It is not a word y word translation, but here you are...

Dear Father Carlo,
Caro Padre Carlo,
I wrote to you in February and learned from Sandro that you were very happy to hear from me again after all these years. I am concerned, however, that I have not received a reply from you. I hope that you are well.
Le ho scritto in febbraio ed ho Saputo da Sandro che Lei era contento di sentirmi dopo tutti questi anni. Sono però preoccupata per non avere ricevuto una risposta da Lei, e spero che Lei sia in buona salute.

Father, some time ago when I sent to you Aunt Assunta's money for mass following her death, you responded that you had done some family genealogy research. I am very, very interested in seeing your work, photos of the family, and contact information for the living family. In fact, since I do not know who your family members are (or even if you have any), may I offer to be the caretaker of your photos, letters, or any other treasures? Being realistic, I simply do not want them to get lost, misplaced or discarded. I consider all of these things family treasures, and I promise to treat them as such. Please let me know.
Padre, qualche tempo fa, quando Le ho inviato del denaro per una Messa in ricordo della morte di Sua zia Assunta, Lei mi ha risposto dicendo di aver fatto alcune ricerche genealogiche sulla famiglia. Sono molto interessata a vedere il Suo lavoro, eventuali fotografie e avere informazioni per contattare i membri della famiglia che sono ancora in vita. Io non conosco chi sono i membri della Sua famiglia ( e neanche so se ce ne siano ancora) ma vorrei offrimi di diventare la custode delle Sue fotografie, lettere e di ogni altro tesoro. In pratica, vorrei semplicemente evitare che questi vadano perduti o buttati via. Io considero queste cose di famiglia un vero e proprio tesoro e prometto che le conserverei come tale. Per cortesia mi faccia sapere.

If you are able, I would love to know any stories you could tell about your family, my family before they came to America, and those left behind. I don't know anyone other than you who knew them. Feel free to write in Italian. I will find a way to get translation.
Se possibile, mi piacerebbe sentire le storie che Lei conosce sulla Sua e sulla mia famiglia prima che venissero in America, e conoscere la storia di quelli rimasti in Italia, che Lei conosce, ma io non ho mai incontrato. Scriva pure in italiano, troverò un modo di avere una traduzione.

It might please you to know that I think I qualify for Italian citizenship as well as American through my mother, as are my four children and three grandchildren. I have not done the work to make this official, but one day I shall. I have always loved being of Italian heritage and more so now that I am attempting to construct the family history. I have written to the comune of Sorano nearly two months ago for records but have not heard anything from them yet.
Penso che Le faccia piacere sapere io posso ottenere la cittadinanza italiana (oltre a quella americana) attraverso mia madre e così pure i miei quattro figli e i tre nipoti. Ancora non ho iniziato le pratiche ma lo farò al più presto. Mi è sempre piaciuto di avere delle origini italiane e ora che sto ricostruendo la storia della famiglia mi piace ancora di più. Ho scritto al comune di Sorano, oramai due mesi fa, per avere dei certificati, ma non mi hanno ancora risposto.

I hope to hear from you soon. If there is anything I can do for you, I hope you will let me know. You have a lot of family in America.
Spero di avere Sue notizie presto. Se posso fare qualcosa per Lei me lo faccia sapere. Lei ha una grande famiglia in America.

Kindest regards.
Cordiali saluti