Success At Chicago Consulate!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
giam0005

Success At Chicago Consulate!

Post by giam0005 »

At least I think so. They accepted our application that we had mailed in earlier and said everything was in order with it. We filled out registration papers for AIRE as well.

We were told that once the comune in Italy registers us, we can apply for Italian birth certificates and then for passports. I believe our application has to travel around to other Consulates and to Rome before our comune has to deal with it or register us in AIRE. Chicago told us it would take 3-4 months.

Does anyone have any experience or insight into this phase of the process? We are anxiously waiting for when we can apply for our passports.

Thanks!
corrado
Elite
Elite

Re: Success At Chicago Consulate!

Post by corrado »

Wow congradualtions..... how long did the wait take once you put the submitte the application? I was planning on using NY (my daughter is there) since Chicago has such a bad reputation.

In any case again good luck and congradulations.
giam0005

Post by giam0005 »

Does anyone have any insight from my original post? Thanks!
corrado
Elite
Elite

Post by corrado »

sorry I have not idea how long the passport takes, but I take it you applied back in Jan, so it took 6 monhts thrugh chicago?
teddi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by teddi »

I'd wait four months then submit your passport application.