Licata Agrigento

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
barbarasprufera
Rookie
Rookie

Licata Agrigento

Post by barbarasprufera »

Can anyone tell me anything about Licata Agrigento? I am trying to trace my Great Grandmother back to Italy. I have been told she lived in Mezzojuso - but have not confirmed this. I believe her name is Josephine LaMonte - possibly Guiseppa La Monte / Lo Mante? She married my Great Grandfather Giovanni Guiseppe Sprufera / Sprofera but I am unable to find that name anywhere? I am trying to find out if Licata Agrigento is located near Mezzojuso? I have been told she came from a fairly wealthy family - who father was a politician or tax man? None of this has been confirmed - it may be just family lore.
Thank you,
Barbara
nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: Licata Agrigento

Post by nazca »

Hi Barbara,
licata is in Agrigento province, Mussomeli in in Caltanissetta provice:
the distance is 80 Km, 50 miles.
I think the surname is LoMonte (there are 7 families with this surname in Licata) and one in mussomeli .

some information about licata...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Licata

official website:
http://www.comune.licata.ag.it/

try to send a letter to civil records office with all informations you have(name , date of birt and so on):

COMUNE DI LICATA
Dipartimento Servizi Demografici
Piazza Gondar,
92027 Licata (AG)

Here is the link for Mussomeli province of Caltanissetta:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mussomeli

try to send a letter to civil records office with all informations you have to:
Comune di Licata
Ufficio Anagrafe/stato civile
Piazza della Repubblica
93014 Licata(CL)
italia

best regards
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
micelf01

Post by micelf01 »

Can anyone tell me anything about Licata Agrigento?
Licata is a Surname that is scattered across many small vilages in the province of Agrigento.

Mezzojuso is a village in the province of Palermo - opposite end of island.

My mothers' maiden name is Licata she is from Grotte. Licata's occupy 60% of the village.

FM
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.tuttitalia.it/sicilia/25-Licata and up will come a local government website with town statistics and to the riught is the www. tourist information with photographs. You do not say is you can read italian. If you do there are more websites we can refer you to as well as assist you with your family genealogy and allsortsd of goodies!! =Peter=
~Peter~
micelf01

Post by micelf01 »

I can speak , read and write italian. I hace looke at the statistics on Grotte. I started a family tree some time ago. My fathers name is MICELI not too many in Grotte and not much history. My mothers maiden name was Licata. Grotte is 75% Licatas' plenty of history there, as a lot of the older family members are still around.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

go to www.tiscali.it and put in Licata (or Licata surname and whatever else you are researching) for an abundance of websites relating to Licata. =Peter=
~Peter~
inframulti

Post by inframulti »

ciao! am not sure, if you really search for persons from Grotte /AG/ named Miceli, but if you are, I know Antonio Miceli living in Grotte, his son - Calogero Miceli - is a young poet living in Agrigento and his e-mail is
geromiceli@katamail.com or his blog is: geromicelipoeta.blog.kataweb.it
micelf01

Post by micelf01 »

I am from Grotte, and know of calegero, but we're not related.
inframulti

Post by inframulti »

ok,)
mazzini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mazzini »

my great grandmother's name was Licata and lived in Racalmuto which is the town next to Grotte. My grandmother's (her daughter's) name was Cannisi.

I too am trying to hunt down Licatas. Didn't know they were all in Grotte.
gigimarie6

Post by gigimarie6 »

Hello all!
I also have family in Grotte (see below) and was wondering has anyone tried to request documents from there? I have been dying for my GGF birth certificate and have requested 4 times now: 2 by mail, 2 by email. Anyone else have a problem?

My Great-grandfather is Francesco Licata who is from Grotte. His parents are a Calogero Licata and Carmela Rizzo
His first wife was Angela Sardo from Grotte who unfortunately passed away in 1910.