Birth Registration From Avella, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
drewser
Rookie
Rookie

Birth Registration From Avella, Italy

Post by drewser »

Is a "Extract of birth Record different then a "Extract of Birth Registration"? I too would like address information ect. more than what was sent to me from Comune Di Abella, it only states names.
thank you in advance.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3783/avella.png
MaurizioPerrone
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth Record

Post by MaurizioPerrone »

When writing to the comune, you always want to request the "l'estratto." For example, for the extract of the birth record which will contain the parents' names, you will request "l'estratto dell'atto di nascita."

If you request the "certificato" (di nascita, matrimonio, morte), you will receive a document that does not include the parents' names and other particulars that will appear on the "estratto."

These documents serve different purposes in Italy, for genealogy research you always want to request the "estratto."

Be clear in your letter to the comune, explain that you are researching your genealogy and that you need the complete extract.

Even in the estratto, there are often limitations to what you will receive. If you want a complete copy of the record, you will request the "atto integrale."
taxi55
Veteran
Veteran

Post by taxi55 »

Hi Penny - I'm happy you posted this thread because I was preparing to send my request to Avella and took another look at the email you sent me last week that contained the document you received.

As Maurizio mentioned, the information will vary from comune to comune, so perhaps this is all Avella sends. :( Other then the addresses - was there information you thought would be on the "extract" that they did not provide?

I don't want to assume - what did you "request" from Avella - the estratto or the certificate? Because the document they sent you says: Eiritto d raisiii dli MU di riasnita which says Extract of the Register of Births on the form - so it brings us back to your original question:
Is a "Extract of birth Record different then a "Extract of Birth Registration"?
Hopefully, one of these amazing folks will have the answer for us. :)

Are you thinking there might be difference because Avella's document said Extract of the Register of Births - so perhaps that might differ from the "l'estratto dell'atto di nascita."?
Even in the estratto, there are often limitations to what you will receive. If you want a complete copy of the record, you will request the "atto integrale."
The Italian vital records are new for me too. Does the "atto integrale" differ from the "certificato" or "estratto"? Also - what is an "estratto per riassunto" - is it the same as the estratto mentioned in this thread?

I have the form letters many suggest we use - which I will - just trying to gain some clarity for Penny and me on these other items before any other requests are mailed.

Penny - did you also request the Family Status - "Stato di famiglia"? My understanding is that it provides more comprehensive information. I plan to request that from Avella next week, and will keep you updated on what information I receive on my Napolitano's.

Ciao!
Sophia
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

You will never get all the little details we researchers want on an 'estratto' you need to ask for a 'copia integrale (fotocopia) per motivo personale'.
You may not get one but at least they will send as full an extract as permitted.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
drewser
Rookie
Rookie

Post by drewser »

Hi,
I just sent today the atto integrale request, I didnt realize to ask for the photo copy of record one, this is soooo confusing lol. I used freetranslation.com and wrote my own letter, hoping to be a little more personable. I too will let you know what they do indeed send. I feel like my naps with there 5 trips back and forth my still have relatives in avella, I sent out 3 letters last week looking to the sgambati relatives, there were 3 still living in that commune. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a little bit more information then I previously recieved. I will let you know as soon as I recieve anything.....