Hello,
I recently found a postcard addressed to a Great Aunt who I only know existed through census records. I am having a hard time deciphering the handwriting, so if someone would be able to transcribe the Italian for me and if possible, translate it to English, I would be most appreciative!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3564/368 ... 96f3_o.jpg
Thank you!
-Tony Masiello
help please with postcard handwriting transcription
- tonymasiello
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 23 Jan 2009, 23:35
Re: help please with postcard handwriting transcription
B.K. (Brooklyn) , 18, 1, 1912
Illustrissima Rosina
Nel ricevere la vostra mi sentiva d'affligere il mio cuore della tua lontananza per piacere ti avrebbo conservata nella...?...mia, io penso sempre al tuo bel viso con stima, la tua
Rosina Franco
Most illustrious Rosina,
On receiving yours I was feeling a distress (a trouble, an affliction) in my heart from your absence (or could be remoteness) with pleasure I would have kept you in my....?...., I think always about your beautiful face with steem, (regard) yours,
Rosina Franco
One word not clear.
Hope it helps. Aether
Illustrissima Rosina
Nel ricevere la vostra mi sentiva d'affligere il mio cuore della tua lontananza per piacere ti avrebbo conservata nella...?...mia, io penso sempre al tuo bel viso con stima, la tua
Rosina Franco
Most illustrious Rosina,
On receiving yours I was feeling a distress (a trouble, an affliction) in my heart from your absence (or could be remoteness) with pleasure I would have kept you in my....?...., I think always about your beautiful face with steem, (regard) yours,
Rosina Franco
One word not clear.
"Fiori di grano.
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
Re: help please with postcard handwriting transcription
My best guess for the word not clear:
nellanima mia = nell'anima mia = in my soul
Laura
nellanima mia = nell'anima mia = in my soul
Laura
- tonymasiello
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 23 Jan 2009, 23:35
Re: help please with postcard handwriting transcription
Great! Thank you both so much!!!
Re: help please with postcard handwriting transcription
pink67,
Great! You 're right! Now it seems so clear. Funny how sometimes we catch difficult words, and then get a block on an obvious one! Thanks, A.
Great! You 're right! Now it seems so clear. Funny how sometimes we catch difficult words, and then get a block on an obvious one! Thanks, A.
"Fiori di grano.
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
Re: help please with postcard handwriting transcription
Hi Aether!
I'm glad to see you posting again!!!
Laura
I'm glad to see you posting again!!!
Laura

