Passport picture with number

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Passport picture with number

Post by ChrisMosca »

Can someone help me out decipher the passport number and can we find anything out by the number? like where he was Born?
the number looks like it might be 269 or I72 mean anything? also it seems like there's an I or a 1. This picture is for my Great-grandfather Marino Pizzoglio born around 1888. The last name seems to be local to the Piedmont region but no one knows where exactly he was born.

[img][IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/ ... zoglio.jpg[/img][/img]

Thanks for all the help!!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
Conti832
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Passport picture with number

Post by Conti832 »

Was the photo something that he kept or is there a way to get something like that ?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Chris where is the surname most pronounced and go with the numbers for military records in the corresponding provincial capital.. If you give me his surname then our great minds can meet. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Chris the Pizzoglio surname is concentrated (32 while rest of piemonte is 9) in Biella Province. I would try for military records from Biella if no other pertinent information surfaces. =Peter=
~Peter~
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Thanks peter!!!! I've sent an email to province of biella fo the military records and also found a website Sito ufficiale della regione Piemonte-Emigrazione e Piemontesi nel mondo. and see if they could find something out with his passport number.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Conti832 wrote:Was the photo something that he kept or is there a way to get something like that ?
the picture was kept by my grandmother in a photo album. You can tell the picture was tored out from the passport, he died young in argentina.