CAROSELLA/CAROSELLI

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
eawz

CAROSELLA/CAROSELLI

Post by eawz »

My great grandfather Gennaro Nicola Carosella, left Duronia to marry a girl from Pietrabbondante, Filomena Caruso. They had a daughter. Maria Assunta, and the 3 of them emigrated to Argentina in 1877. I have traced Gennaro's line to the early 1700's. He was the son of Marcellino Carosella, son of Vito Carosella who arrived in Civitavecchia (now Duronia) in the 1770's, son of Onofrio Carosella and Raffaela Micarelli (from Agnone, Campobasso). Vito and his brother (Feliceantonio) "generated at least 80 individual Carosellas" in Duronia. I have their birth, marriages and many of their entries of death in Duronia.
MY QUESTION IS, Onofrio Carosella and Ruffina Micarelli were born around 1729-1735), how do I proceed from here? Would the Catasto Onciario for Agnone (1753) help? The girls the Carosella married in Duronia were from nearby towns, Pietracupa, Pietrabbondante, Molise, Campobasso, etc. For instance, I know Vito Carosella was born in Agnone in 1754 BUT I am not certain of the date, could I write the town and ask?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Grazie, Enrico
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: CAROSELLA/CAROSELLI

Post by JohnArmellino »

The Stato Civile for Agnone, 1809-1899, has been filmed by the LDS. The processetti records are included from 1809-1865. Since they take up 17 reels, I suspect that they might be complete records. If so, they will include many birth and death extracts from the 18th century church records and you may be able to trace your Agnone family via these records. This method is hit and miss but you can often fill in all lines through the early part of the 18th century.
John Armellino
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

eawz wrote:IS, Onofrio Carosella and Ruffina Micarelli were born around 1729-1735), how do I proceed from here? Would the Catasto Onciario for Agnone (1753) help? T
The name will be Amicarelli (a common Agnone Surname, and one I have in my direct line!) If you ever find a way to obtain The Catasto Onciario for Agnone, I would love to know, as My Great-Grandfather was born there and I have his lines traced to that period (early to mid 1700's).

Thanks!!

Jim
lotus45tiye

Post by lotus45tiye »

Just found your post and was completely fascinated by the extent of your research. My paternal grandmother Stephanina Cuiccio (Cucci) had a sister named Elvira Cuiccio, who married Felice Caroselli, I do believe in Duronia. I have been in close contact with their children and grandchildren for many years. Felice Caroselli had many brothers, Federico, Florindo, Ferdinando, Filiberto and Faustino. They mother was Rose DeVincenzo Carosella. I have been to the family website and my great aunt is pictures there with her inlaws. Do you possible have any documents on Felice and Elvira, possibly their marriage and children's births. Any information would be appreciated, Thank you Carol
sandyc

Post by sandyc »

my husbands family is from the Agnone, Campobosso Province, Italy
their name is Carosella. Pasquale Domenico Carosella, born May 28,1869.
we are looking for any living family members still there that we might connect with
sandyc

Post by sandyc »

my husbands family is from the Agnone, Campobosso Province, Italy
their name is Carosella. Pasquale Domenico Carosella, born May 28,1869.
we are looking for any living family members still there that we might connect with
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 31 Carosella currently residing in Agnone (now in province of Isernia, Molise region) and if you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Carosella int he first line and Agnone in the second line and click CERCA. You can then review all 31 and see if there are any whose first names are familiar to you and you can then write potential relative letter in Italian and mail it to one or several persons who you think might be related to you. =Peter=
sandyc

Post by sandyc »

thanks so much for the info, www.pageinebianche.it is a great source of info. thanks so much sandyc
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you cannot write in Italian to a potential relative then go to www.mangeruca. com for a form letter in Italian which you can use to send to persons you think maybe family. =Peter=
TomFromNJ

Post by TomFromNJ »

For what its worth I have a many Caroselli in my family tree. All were born and lived in Gravina in Puglia. Paolo Caroselli was probably born in the early 1700s. His son was Emmanuale. Any thoughts on what the name means?

Tom
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Caroselli is an altered form of the base surname CARUSO frequently found in Southern Italy which became a surname from a name which was derived from a nickname or type of work performed in agriculture, sheep herding and sulpher mining known as Caruso o Csrusu "ragazzo, garzone" meaning boy! =Peter=
montanawriter2003

Post by montanawriter2003 »

Enrico: This is great news for me. The story in my family is that my great-grandfather Ernesto Caroselli left Duronia to emigrate to Argentina in 1892, but somehow got off the boat in New York instead. We knew we had relatives in Argentina, but no one had stayed in touch. I think Ernesto's father was Feliceantonio. You can write me directly at Yahoo.

Frank
TracyGrant

Post by TracyGrant »

Carol,

Felice Caroselli was my grandfather. He and my grandmother, Elvira, were married on September 27, 1914. Here is their wedding picture:

I only learned a couple of years ago while visiting my Aunt Annie that their original surname was Carosella, but it was changed when my grandfather arrived at Ellis Island. They had 10 children.

My mother was their 8th child. She passed away in November 1987. I maintain a website dedicated to her book, Microwave Cooking for One.

I am sending you a private message with the additional information you were looking for.
TracyGrant

Post by TracyGrant »

lotus45tiye wrote:I have been to the family website and my great aunt is pictures there with her inlaws.
I was very curious about the "family website" you mentioned, and did some searching. Is this the site you meant?

[align=center]La Famiglia Carosella - DeVincenzo[/align]
lotus45tiye

Post by lotus45tiye »

Hi Tracy,
Great Picture of Elivra and Phil, Thanks!

The pictures on the Duronia website are good too. You have the right webpage. There is a picture of Elvira with her in-laws, and I thought she was young in that picture! This wedding pic is just wonderful.