surname donadio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pess731

surname donadio

Post by pess731 »

I am trying to find some information on my great grandparents, the name i am searching for is biase or biaze donadio and he was married to a woman named rose. All i know is that he was from naples italy. any and all info would be greatly appreciated. thank- you mary jane donadio
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: surname donadio

Post by ptimber »

There are more than 200 persons currently in the Naples province with the Donadio surname. In Italy you need to know the town of origin in order to find out anything about your family or obtain odcuments. Your best bet is to research the www.ellisisland.org website for your people and see from what town they are from in the "Naples" areas which I suspect could mean anywhere in Southern Italy beyond Naples or Naples Province. You can go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the Donadio surname in the first line and NA for Naples p;rovince in the third line which also includes the cityh of Naples and then clcik CERCA for the listings. Peter
pess731

Post by pess731 »

thank- you so very much for your help i will try the info you gave me and see what i come up with. I will keep you informed of my findings, once again you have been a tremendous help. mary
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

we are here for you!!!!!!!Peter
pess731

Post by pess731 »

thanks for the info. it helped me tremendously, i found my great grandfather's residence which was caviano, and that he came over on the ship named the florida. Now maybe i can find more info on him. Again thanks alot. If i get stumped again i know where i can turn to, to get some info. mary
pess731

Post by pess731 »

I took your advise Peter and went to the website paginebianche.it but i can't read or speak Italian, so it didn't do me much good, but thanks anyway. mary
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You do not have to speak italian to read a telephone directory. There is a persons name, followed by a street address (V=street) followed by a postal or zip code foloowed by the town and the intials in brackets is the province in which the town is located. There is a telephone number which is self explanatory. If you wish I will write it out for you. Peter
pess731

Post by pess731 »

no that will be fine i can do it on my own, but thanks for the offer,
mary
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There does not appear to be Caviano...What province is it located ?? Peter
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

ptimber wrote:There does not appear to be Caviano...What province is it located ?? Peter
Peter,

The closest name I was able to find for Caviano was Caivano, Campania, Italy.

I hope this helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
pess731

Post by pess731 »

thanks peter. i will try an find out what the province was. I hope that you have a nice day :wink:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The postale for Caivano is 80023 in the province of Napoli (Naples) as was pointed out. Peter
pess731

Post by pess731 »

thanks for your reply, :)
pess731

Post by pess731 »

still trying to get more info on the surname of donadio, from the province of napoli, anyone out there that might have any info on this surname please reply via this forum, again thanks to you peter. mary
pess731

Post by pess731 »

i almost forgot i also wanted to know what are the towns in the province of napoli