ferraro reggio di calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
charlenef

ferraro reggio di calabria

Post by charlenef »

My Grandfather is Guiseppe Ferraro and He had a Brother Nick. I know that Nick was in Pittsburgh But I am trying to find out about their parents. I have little to no information on my great grandparents. Wondering if you can help. They are from Reggio Di Calabria.
apiapibij

Re: ferraro reggio di calabria

Post by apiapibij »

Can you indicate in what year (ca.) your grandfather was born? I have some indices of Reggio Calabria, but without any hint it is impossible to look them over for you.
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

I think it would have been early 1900's not sure of the exact year but I will try to find out. I know my Grandmother was born in 1904(his wife) so probably some time around there but I will find out for sure.
thanks
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

My grandmother was Carmella bruzzese and she was born in September 1907 and her Marriage to my Grandfather was arranged. She is from Mammmola if that helps any .......I would assume my grandfather to be born around the same time in 1907 or perhaps a year or two earlier?
thanks
apiapibij

Post by apiapibij »

There is no Giuseppe, nor Domenico Ferraro in the indices that I have taken pictures of. But do not worry, they are far from complete as I am still working on this town. There are various Ferraro's though in the indices I consulted.
If no one else can help you, you have to have some patience, because the archive at Reggio Calabria is closed untill somewhere in September. I will look then if I can find them.
Sure the data of your grandmother are usefull, but I do not remember if the Stato Civile of Mammola is in Reggio or in Palmi. I will look for that when the archive reopens.
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

wow thanks for all your help!!!! i am also trying to find my grandmother's family and I do have more information on them than my grandfather's family.......so stay in touch and let me know what you need......thanks again
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

Also .....how far is Reggio Di Calabria from Mammola? are they close together??
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

58 kilometersfrom Mammola to Reggio Calabria via their thruway or 90 Kilometers via Grandma's house.

If you want to know more about Giuseppe write to the Archivio di Stato di Reggio Calabria Via Lia Casalotto,89100, Reggio Calabria (RC), Calabria and request his military record giving Mammola as his place of origin and an approximate 1900 to 1905 birth year. Go to
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html for letter to send for his military records....Registro di Leva.=Peter=
~Peter~
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

Can you tell me the correct way to address the envelope? I am trying to figure it out but having problems? what exactly should the address on the front of the envelope say? thanks
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

I see that you have already given me the address never mind thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You can add "Sezione Militare" (military section) after the Archivio di Stato di Reggio Calabria if you wish. Lots of luck. =Peter=
~Peter~
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

thanks very much
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I have some friends who some some Mammola records, and I also have a few. On my way to work now but I will check in later to see if I can help.

BTW..my great great grandmother was a Ferraro/a as well and I am trying to locate her records as well!

You can also check out my website at
www.calabriaexchange.com

to see if there is anything there that might help.

Hi Ben! How have you been?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
apiapibij

Post by apiapibij »

It makes no sense writing now to the archive.
Closed here in Italy means really very very closed and during the holliday period there will be no one there to reply to your letter.
Of course in e free society everyone is allowed te do whatever he or she wants......

Ciao Erminia
I have been busy making indices of the churchrecords as you might have seen on my website. I am still breeding on the plan for a complete new website about geneology of the Grecanian area. If you are in for other pics of indices on your website just give a scream okay? Hope and pray everything is going right with you and your family.
charlenef

Post by charlenef »

can you let me know when the archive opens? I will wait to write until then
thanks' :P