Needing help to translate legalese into Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Needing help to translate legalese into Italian

Post by CowryShells »

These are two rather difficult lines on a birth certificate. I would be grateful if someone would like to translate them into Italian for me.

By Chapter 314 of the Acts of 1892, "the certificates or attestations of either Assistant City Registrar shall have the same force and effect as that of the City Registrar."

-and-

I further certify that by annexation, the Records of the following-named cities and towns are in the custody of the City Registrar of Boston:

Thank you!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Needing help to translate legalese into Italian

Post by PeterTimber »

Presuming you reside in the USA you can call 858-922-7724 for an instant quote.....For the paltry few words they should be generous with you and not even charge you as good business manners. =Peter=
~Peter~
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CowryShells »

Peter, Thank you for the information! I was not familiar with the phone number you gave me, so I did an on-line search. The company is called ACR Language Translation Services. I am still waiting for their "instant" quote, but if I don't hear from them by Monday I'll give them a call.

I followed the instructions given on their website:
"Send us an email.......You will instantly receive information...."
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You could be better off talking to someone for a quote and stress that its only a few words and that you will give them a raise if they do you a favor. =Peter=
~Peter~
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CowryShells »

From a translator who works in my city, here is what I was given for the legalese I posted above:

Conformemente al Capitolo 314 dei decreti del 1892, “I certificati o attestazioni rilasciati da un Vice Archivista Comunale avranno valore ed effetto pari al Capo Archivista Comunale della Citta.â€
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I am not that adroit in Italian legalese to screen the translation. =Peter=-
~Peter~
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CowryShells »

I'm not requesting an evaluation, I just thought I'd post the translation that I received.

By the way, the company you posted above is too expensive for me. They charge $95 to translate 1 birth certificate, $65 for a second, and $55 for a third. If the translations need to be notarized, then there is an additional fee of $35 for each.

(These are US dollars.)
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

I do certificate translations too and I totally agree with you, some of these 'companies' charge an arm and a leg... Putting on my own 'translation hat' I usually charge around $20/$25 per certificate and on occasion, if there are a lot to do, I'll do them in exchange for a donation to my site or to a charity of my choice. I can get a legal 'asseveramento' (translators oath) on any documents, if required, by a Justice of the Peace in Italy too. That's not that expensive either...

But I don't advertise my work as I'm just a one person set up, but I would be ashamed to charge what some of them do. I work mainly by word of mouth and have done quite a few translations of this kind for members here. Other translations that I do here on Italian Genealogy, I do because I enjoy helping people. I'm not looking to become a zillionaire, but just make enough to keep the wolf from my door!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CowryShells »

I like your business plan, Elba. Customers will return when they know they are treated fairly.