Finally found the birth place of my Great-Grandfather

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Finally found the birth place of my Great-Grandfather

Post by ChrisMosca »

I've been looking for a long time. All I knew was that he came from the Piedmonte region of Italy. After about 40 emails to different communes one finally responded "In riferimento alla Sua richiesta, Le comunico che ho trovato l'atto di nascita di PIZZOGLIO Marino:
RISULTA NATO A VALLE SAN NICOLAO (BIELLA) IL 26/08/1888 " and I also found a sister of his that no one knew he had.

thanks everybody that helped me and gave me advice on this topic, now I need to find his wife my Great-Grandmother LOBASSO Angela from Bari, not sure which commune in Bari, I'm about 10 down and about 30 to go.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
Darpino

Re: Finally found the birth place of my Great-Grandfather

Post by Darpino »

My gg grandmas maiden name was Mosca.
fun fact
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Cool!! where is she from?
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
Darpino

Post by Darpino »

Di Lucca Sicula Sicily/providence of Agrigento
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Very nice!!!! my Mosca's are from The Marche area, primarily Treia and Cingoli.
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Hi Chris,
I'm glad you finally found your ancestor's place of birth. I seem to remember that I told you some time ago that the Pizzoglio surname was from Biella area.
In case you don't know, I just wanted to tell you that Valle San Nicolao includes also a hamlet called Pizzoglio-Murazze which is probably the place were your Ggfather's family is from.
Valle San Nicolao is on the hills/mountains just few kilometers from Biella. It's not crowded, people like to go there to relax, walk and enjoy landscapes.

Ada
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Yes, thank you Ada!!!! , the commune said they were going to send me an "Estratto di nascita" asked for my great-great-grandfather's birth date but appearently he was born before 1866 and they said that the church would have that information. I found the address for the church of San nicolao but I have not had any luck when it comes to writing to the churches, any advice?
thanks again!!!
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Do you know the story of how the Pizzoglio hamlet came to be?
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Chris,
there are several places there having the name San Nicolao, so just for confirmation this is the address:

Parrocchia di Valle San Nicolao
Piazza Chiesa, 25
13847 VALLE SAN NICOLAO (BI)

Are you now trying to find the birth date for Marino Pizzoglio's father? If he was born before 1866 they don't have his birth act in the commune but you can ask for his death act where you will have his age. You will calculate his birth year and this makes it easier for the priest to find the record. There are form letters here
Form letters.
If you want a different kind of letter, let me know.

I'll probably be in Biella by the end of August/beginning September so if you don't get any answer I can call or go to the parish and see if I can solve the problem.

Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

While trying to find something on the Pizzoglio family, I found your message on the Regione Piemonte/Piemontesi nel mondo website.
I don't know the story of the hamlet. I guess the library in the town might have some books with the town history. I will find out.

Ada
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Thank you very much Ada!!!! you are the greatest!!! I will ask the comune if they can find when Marino's Father passed away, His name was Emilio. From what i was able to learn, Emilio and His wife Beatrice moved to argentina sometime before 1907 with Marino and Hector or Ettore in Argentina they had a son born in 1907 and in his birth act it also names Emilio's parents who were Giuseppe and Maddalena Becchia. Marino died in Argentina in 1926 it says his father was living in Italy and his mother in argentina, from what I heard his parents were separated but not divorced. When Guido the younger brother got married in 1936 it says his father had passed away, but it doesn't say where. Also the comune of Valle san nicolao they weren't able to find his brother Ettore I told them around 1887-1890, I wonder if he was born near the commune, because before I've found Marino's birth place I had sent an email to the commune of Boglio and they had found a female child born with the same parents, and they told to write to Valle san nicolao because that were Emilio the father was born. But they never gave me a name or any other info, I've emailed them back but I haven't anything yet, maybe his brother was also born in Boglio. Sorry for the long Email, I will send some more emails and letters this weekend and see what responses I get. Thanks Ada for your help!!!!