1732 Death in Cinisi

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
xz5bz9
Rookie
Rookie

1732 Death in Cinisi

Post by xz5bz9 »

The link below displays the death record for Nicolo Cavataio on 14 Nov 1732. I think it is latin and am unable to read the complete document. He was married to Giovanna and parents Antonino and Domenica Cavataio. I believe Giovanna died in 1759 and Domenica died in 1738 and Antonino died before 1738.

Can someone help me with the English translation. Thanks!

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVdXWer
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: 1732 Death in Cinisi

Post by liviomoreno »

Basically it says that Nicolò Cavataio son of the late Antonino and of Domenica Cavataio died on 14 Nov 1732 at the age of 58 and was buried in that church (?).
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

Die 14 9bris XI (Indictione!) 1732
Nicolaus Cavataio fil(ius) q(uonda)m Ant(oni)ni et Dominicae Cavataio ol(im) jug(ales) aetati(s) suae ann(orum) 58 circiter mortuus est cum o(m)nibus Ecc(lesi)ae Sacr(ament)is et sepultus est in hac M(atric)e Ecc(lesi)a.

Il giorno 14 Novembre 1732, indizione undicesima (strano perché doveva essere indizione nona!).
Nicola Cavataio figlio del fu Antonino e di Domenica Cavataio già coniugi, dell'età di anni 58 è morto munito di tutti i sacramenti [confessione ed estrema unzione] ed è sepolto in questa Chiesa Matrice.

L.
xz5bz9
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xz5bz9 »

Thank you so much for all the help you have given me. I've been unsuccessful locally to get help with translations. I truly appreciate your time and efforts.
xz5bz9
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xz5bz9 »

Livio - We just returned from Sicily. You provided the highlight of our trip! You mentioned in your previous response that Nicolo Cavataio was buried in the church. We went to the church in Cinisi and the priest allowed us to go down into the catacombs. Although we did not see a specific grave/sign for Nicolo, it was truly a wonderful experience. I thought he was buried next to the church! Thanks again! Sue