Giovanni Lardizzone -approx 1856-1915 from Militello,Catania

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Castrogovianni
Rookie
Rookie

Giovanni Lardizzone -approx 1856-1915 from Militello,Catania

Post by Castrogovianni »

Hello My Freinds;

I am seeking any information on my Great Great Grandfather Giovanni Lardizzone or his daughter Giovanna.

His Birth and death dates are approximately 1856-1915. His residence was in Militello in Val di Catania, Sicilia, Italy.

It is believed that Giovanni Lardizzone did not leave Italy.

He is the Father of Giovanna Lardizzone also born there in Militello in approx. 1881 and died in 1919 in New York.

Giovanna Lardizzone married Francesco Castrogiovanni in Militello in approx 1908.

I very much appreciate any information or advice you could provide. Thank you very much!

Please reply or email me at:
michael.castrogovianni@setoyota.com

Thanks
Michael Angelo Castrogovianni
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Lardizzone -approx 1856-1915 from Militello,Cat

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for his death record and her birth records (estratto di nascita for her long form record=more information)

You can also request The Certificato di Stato di Famiglia Storico for Giovanni Lardizzone if available.

Mail to Uffico di Stato Civile in Militello Val di Catania. Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in name at top,click CERCA then click on Militello Val di Catania for adminstrative website for town. Scroll down to Municipio for address. The service is free and make requests separately for each document you request. =Peter=
~Peter~
Castrogovianni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Castrogovianni »

Hi Peter; thanks much for this info; however; i am trying to follow the instructions on your last paragraph and i can't seem to follow it; perhaps their website is down.

Also what exactly is a "The Certificato di Stato di Famiglia Storico".

many thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The Family certificate "Certificato di Stato di Famiglia" (storico=history)is located in the third paragraph in the website furnished you by me above at www.angelfire.com/ok3........ which is explained. I will explain it further to you as a certificate in the name of the head of family, his wife and children and their dates of birth and place of birth.

In order to locate the address of the Ufficio di Stato Civile (City hall records) in the town of Militello Val di Catania you
1. go to www.nonsolocap.it
2. Put in Militello..... at the top and click CERCA
3. The subsequent pagethat comes up ise web page for the town
4. scroll down to MUNICIPIO and the address beneath is the City Hall
Records office address for Uffico di Stato Civile
5. If you go to the right you will see a www.for the tourist website for Militello =Peter=
~Peter~
Castrogovianni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Castrogovianni »

Hi PeterTimber; I while ago you informed me on getting a Family Certificate; Would you please be as kind to review how i am addressing the envelope and the way the letter is written. Also, is there a need for me to include a self addressed and postage paid return envelope? Thanks for your time

Envelope addressed to:

Comune di Militello in Val di Catania
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Municipio 14
95043 Militello in Val di Catania
Italia / Italy

The Letter:

Ufficio Anagrafe di Militello in Val di Catania

18 agosto 2009

Egregi Signori,

Vi sarei estremamente grato se poteste effettuare una ricerca nei vostri registri e spedirmi il certificato di stato di famiglia della famiglia Castrogiovanni, che si crede sia emigrata dalla vostra citta' negli Stati Uniti intorno al 1910:

Francesco Castrogiovanni nato intorno al 1882
Giovanna Lardizzone, sua moglie, nato intorno al 1881
Angelo Castrogovianni, nato il 14 giugno 1910

Vi prego di farmi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso effettuare il pagamento.

RingraziandoVi anticipatamente per la Vostra attenzione.

Distinti saluti,

Michael Castrogovianni